WR702N possible to form an offline WAN?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-09-02 19:06:29
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WR702N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : TL-WR702N_V1_130528

ISP : Talktalk

I was wondering if it was possible to use a TL-WR702N to form a small local network without an internet connection?

I have a few wifi-enabled devices which it could be useful to have talk directly to one another (file sharing or streaming for example), but without the need for access to the internet.

My question is whether this is possible, and if so which mode would be best (presumably router mode?) and how one would go about configuring that.

And I guess if later internet access were needed, it could maybe be added by using a second 702N in client mode linked by LAN to the router one above and that accessing a wifi network? Or would that end up with two DHCP servers on the network and generate issues of IP address assignment?
Options
3 Reply
Re:WR702N possible to form an offline WAN?
2013-09-03 21:34:37
Never mind, had a play around again last night and got it working via router mode.

Thread can be deleted.
Options
2014-09-29 23:36:00

DarrenHill wrote

Never mind, had a play around again last night and got it working via router mode.

Thread can be deleted.

Darren.
I'm trying to get a similar configuration working, but without much success. Can you recall if there was a particular setting that enabled this to work, as I can't get wireless devices to communicate with each other.

Cheers.
Options
2014-09-30 10:31:20
Router mode?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 393

Replies: 3

Related Articles