Port forwarding - Going crazy

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-09-11 06:09:20
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WDR3600

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.13.31 Build 130320 Rel.55761n

ISP : Numericable

All,

hope you can help. I have been going nuts all day with this. My ISP modem was quite old so i decided to buy a new router. I changed the settings on my ISP modem to put it on bridge mode and my brand new WDR3600 routeur has the public ip. .. i am able to access the internet (using wire and wifi) from my new router..so far so good.

Things started to piss me off, when i wanted to forward incoming traffic to a specific PC on my network. The only port which i am able to forward is the incoming port 80

so far i have the following:

Incoming => Router NAT => PC
80 9090 192.168.1.104

that's working perfectly but if i want to do :

Incoming => Router NAT => PC
8080 9090 192.168.1.104

that doesn't work!! Any port other than 80 are not working..!! 21, 23.... i don't understand the problem.. It is definitely not a PC issue at i am am to get the web site running on it when the incoming port being requested is port 80..

i am going nuts..

Any idea? Any logs available to see incoming traffic?

Thank you
Options
1 Reply
Re:Port forwarding - Going crazy
2013-10-10 16:23:32
Do you have any server/service working on port 8080 9090 on your computer? If there are not, and you use some test website to test it, the result will be ports are closed, but they are actually open.

or you can set your computer as DMZ host, all the ports will be open
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 448

Replies: 1

Related Articles