WiFi detected but no access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-09-13 17:53:50
Region : Malaysia

Model : TL-WN821N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi. First time user here.
Long story short, the adapter was working fine for the past few months, all of a sudden, last monday after trying to update steam, it hung my computer which needed to reboot.
Now, it can detect my home wifi, but no/limited access.

When i try to uninstall, it says that the adapter is not detected.
What do?

Thanks.
Options
6 Reply
I have the same problem!
2014-12-24 07:28:52

Jrandin wrote

Region : Malaysia

Model : TL-WN821N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi. First time user here.
Long story short, the adapter was working fine for the past few months, all of a sudden, last monday after trying to update steam, it hung my computer which needed to reboot.
Now, it can detect my home wifi, but no/limited access.

When i try to uninstall, it says that the adapter is not detected.
What do?

Thanks.

I have exactly the same problem! I bought a smart tv three weeks ago, and the TL-WN821N adapter after two days. The adapter was working perfectly, but this week, suddenly the adapter does not connect to the wifi anymore if the security settings are activated. My wifi network uses the WPA/WPA2 security. Suddenly the only way to connect to internet is disabling the security in the wifi network, what is not a good idea.

I don't know why the adapter stopped working, because I didn't change anything in the router configuration. What is your suggestion?
Options
Re:WiFi detected but no access
2014-12-24 15:50:23
The adapter is installed on the TV?
When network is secured, did you type in the password to connect Wi-Fi? Any error message?
You should intall the adapter on a PC to test.
Options
2014-12-25 02:11:51

Mavis wrote

The adapter is installed on the TV?
When network is secured, did you type in the password to connect Wi-Fi? Any error message?
You should intall the adapter on a PC to test.

Thanks Mavis! Yes, the adapter is installed on the tv. When network is secured, there is no error message. The adapter can't connect with internet, and a progress bar stands in the screen, with DHCP written. I checked all settings, including DHCP (that is enabled). Today I called the adapter manufacturer (TP-Link), and they said that the tv is not supposed to work with that adapter! But the TV manufacturer (Semp-Toshiba) says that the adapter works!

I don't know a problem that doesn't have a solution. I already spent a long time trying to find a solution to the adapter problem, and what I'm thinking to do next friday is buying a wifi repeater device, and install it in an energy plug near the tv. Then I can connect a small cable from the device to the tv, and... problem solved (I hope). But if you have another idea, let me know please!
Options
2014-12-25 11:38:39
To a computer
1. Uninstall the utility first via Control Panel
2. Uninstall the adapter driver via Device manager
3. Reboot the computer and reinstall the driver

To a TV
It is most likely the security configuration of your Wi-Fi network has changed but its name didn't. So the TV still trying to connect to the original Wi-Fi. On your TV there should be menus to reset the network settings. Reset it. Give a try
Options
2014-12-25 19:34:34

coca koala wrote

To a computer

To a TV
It is most likely the security configuration of your Wi-Fi network has changed but its name didn't. So the TV still trying to connect to the original Wi-Fi. On your TV there should be menus to reset the network settings. Reset it. Give a try

Thanks! Your thinking about what is happening to the tv seems to be right; I will try the solution you suggest.
Options
2015-01-03 11:47:11

coca koala wrote

To a computer

To a TV

The solution that is working OK: I bought this product: 300Mbps Universal WiFi Range Extender TL-WA850RE, and installed it near the tv. Then I connected it to tv with a small cable. I have deactiveted the wifi adapter, to avoid any conflit. Everything is working right now! Important: before using the extender, it is necessary first to connect it to the computer, to adjust its settings.Then the extender can be moved to near tv.

Thanks very much for all!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 603

Replies: 6

Related Articles