Setting up Archer-C7 with wired NAS connected to it behind a ISP modem.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-09-18 17:35:57
Region : Netherlands

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 1?

ISP : UPC

Hello all,

Im trying to setup my archer behind a ISP modem (that also has a wifi function but its disabled).
My Archer is wired connected to this ISP modem.
My NAS is wired connected to the Archer.
Archer has both WiFi bands enabled (working properly)

Now for some reason i cant seem to connect to the archer's network from outside its 192.168.0.* range.
The archer has a WAN IP of 192.168.1.10 and a LAN IP of 192.168.0.1.
When im wireless connected to the archers network the connecting device (laptop) gets an IP assigned by archer as 192.168.0.100-199 as its set in the DHCP.
I have forwarded all ports on my ISP Modem to 192.168.1.10 and on the Archer i forwarded the needed ports to my NAS IP (192.168.0.100 in this case).

Now i set up a dynDNS to be able to connect to my NAS from anywhere i want, this was working just fine with my previous router but with the Archer it doesnt seem to work. I tried getting there by enabling the Wifi from the ISP modem and connect to that wifi network and then tried connecting to my NAS but that didnt work either. So i only seem to be able to connect to my NAS when im connected to the Archers WiFi networks or wired of course.

Im probably being stupid and messed up all my settings, but would be nice if someone can clarify it for me :o.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Setting up Archer-C7 with wired NAS connected to it behind a ISP modem.
2013-10-10 15:30:25
You know some ports are occupied by the router, like port 80/21 if you enabled remote access feature of the router.
You can try to set your NAS as a DMZ host, or use other ports.
Options
Re:Setting up Archer-C7 with wired NAS connected to it behind a ISP modem.
2014-01-01 05:28:18
Your Isp modem is acting like a router. So you have a router link to a router.
The first one (your ISP) has the final answer. So disable all that you can in your ISP modem-router mostly DHCP to make it like a modem only device.
2 routers link together are hard to configure read my friend, it is too long to explain here, because NAT has to be configure wisely.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 988

Replies: 2