_NDIS_ blue screen after upgrade to Windows 8.1 RTM

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-09-23 15:54:23
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WN725N

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I just upgraded a PC that was working fine from Windows 8 RTM to Windows 8.1 RTM (from TechNet).
After having done this the system has started bluescreening consistently when the wireless adapter is plugged in.

If I start the PC with the adapter connected, Windows will see and connect to the network fine, but when you try to use the connection you get a blue screen error.
If I start the PC with the adapter disconnected and once Windows has booted and I've logged in plug the adapter in I get an almost instant blue screen.

In both cases the error contains _NDIS_ (I don't have the PC next to me so can't give the exact error).
I have tried updating drivers from both TP-Link and Realtek but with no success.

Any suggestions?
Options
4 Reply
Same problem
2013-10-22 03:09:41
have a same problem with the same adapter.
Can anybody help us?
Options
NDIS bluescreen
2013-10-27 21:35:06
I have the 822 model with regular Windows 8.1 ... in my case the bluescreen was caused by the TP-Link Configuration Utility (when the utility was started [it was set to auto-start] and I plugged in the adapter, it would bluescreen right away). I EXITED the utility (I actually uninstalled it) and the adapter itself is working fine as before the upgrade

Note: in device manager the adapter is recognized as a realtek adapter with a microsoft driver: dunno what would happen if I tried to re-install the TP-LINK driver, but since it's working, I will not
Options
what about soft ap?
2014-12-22 01:07:01

achoo54321 wrote

I have the 822 model with regular Windows 8.1 ... in my case the bluescreen was caused by the TP-Link Configuration Utility (when the utility was started [it was set to auto-start] and I plugged in the adapter, it would bluescreen right away). I EXITED the utility (I actually uninstalled it) and the adapter itself is working fine as before the upgrade

Note: in device manager the adapter is recognized as a realtek adapter with a microsoft driver: dunno what would happen if I tried to re-install the TP-LINK driver, but since it's working, I will not

you can't use the SoftAp option by not installing the utility right? im having the same issue with my win 8.1 laptop.
Options
Re:_NDIS_ blue screen after upgrade to Windows 8.1 RTM
2014-12-22 16:22:17
Currently, it seems that there is no driver or utility of WN822 for Windows 8.1.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 606

Replies: 4