Full signal but no internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-09-28 14:01:07
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : the latest from the official download page

ISP : OTE

Router: ZTE (ZXDSL 931VII)
Connection: VDSL 30Mbps

Hello everyone from Greece. I just bought the TP-Link TL-WA850RE but I can’t make it work :(
I have spend hours and hours with no luck.
At first I put next to my router pressing the wps and the button of the extender. After about two minutes, the RE begun solid I had full signal, and the wireless light was flashing but I couldn’t connect to internet. I can connect to extender with full signal but I have no internet. When I switch it off the extender (take off the power) the internet is back. When I connect the extender I loose internet access. So I reset it and tried the second way. Everything seems ok, but after I click finish I lost connection. No way to upgrade firmware. Just “The page cannot be displayed” message. I tried again and again resetting it with no luck. I did follow these instructions as well http://www.tp-link.com/lb/article/?faqid=174 and here http://www.tp-link.com/lb/article/?faqid=375 but again, when I press finish, sometimes another message show me that the process is 100% completed and that’s all. I don’t have internet access, and I can’t continue through settings because the links from the left side (status… etc) don’t work and when I click any of them I get the “The page cannot be displayed” message.
Once, under security settings, I didn't wrote down my password but I chose no security at all and this time after the 100% complete message I clicked upgrade firmware and worked! So I guess that I have update the firmware because I got a message says that I successfully upgrade the firmware. But again I had full signal but no internet access. So I tried again and again, resetting the extender but still I can’t make it work.
I cannot go to 192.168.1.1 because this is the default page of my router settings. So when I go to 192.168.1.1 I get the ZTE settings page of my router.
Can you help me please? I really need to make this work. Any suggestion, I will appreciate.
Thank you.
I do apologise for my English.
Options
5 Reply
Re:Full signal but no internet
2013-09-29 03:27:55
connect your 850 via lan cable to your Lap configure TCP/IP Properties of your computer http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=14and i dont know 850s ip address
disable wireless card on your Lap
log into 850s ip and if its the same as your router change the ip of the 850 see how manual page 13 if dif subnet to your router match the subnet example if your ISP router is 192.168.1.1 then set your 850 to 192.168.1.2 once you save settings you will loose connection to your 850 untill you reconfigure your TCP/IP Properties to the new subnet.
you have to input same password as your main router see this general tuto.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=250
Options
Re:Full signal but no internet
2013-09-30 12:16:36
danymac you are simply the best! I follow your instructions and all my issues have been solved! Now I enjoy the WA850RE extender. It's really cool :)
Thanks a lot for your reply.
Options
Same problem here
2014-06-05 02:07:18
Hey man what is the solution to this problem?i'm trying several hours myself but nothing.althought it connects there is no internet.
Options
I am having the same problem... what is the fix? I don't see it here.
2014-06-22 18:21:07
I am having the same problem... full single, but no internet. I do not see the answer. Can someone please repost the answer.

Thank you!!
Options
same problem
2014-07-04 18:43:21
same problem here, works OK with one router, but no internet with another router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 804

Replies: 5

Related Articles