WR702N does not connect to Virgin superhub

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-10-09 18:45:31
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and am having trouble configuring, for use in Client Mode as an internet input for a Smart TV, my recently acquired WR702N. I went through the instructions on FAQ ID:395 which achieved nothing, until I realized that the IP Address is "192.168.0.254", as printed on the label, not "192.168.0.10" as stated in Step 4 of the FAQ.

Finally got the nano-router and the laptop to talk to each other. The SSID of the nano-router shows as "TP-LINK_A916E4" on the laptop, with a signal strength "Excellent", so the ethernet link is obviously functioning correctly, but the router is obviously not picking up the wireless signal from my Virgin hub, because it reports no internet access. This isn't simply a matter of physical location, as the WR702N was next to the laptop which reports a signal strength on its inbuilt receiver as being "Excellent".

The laptop OS is Windows 7 Home Premium, and my Virgin hub is a 60 mbps, cable connected, 'Super Hub'.

I don't know if I confused the issue by entering, at Step 4 of the FAQ, the 'Default gateway' and 'DNS server' values applicable to my hub, these values having been obtained via the MSDOS command "ipconfig/all".

Should I perhaps have left everything except the 'IP address' and 'Subnet mask' blank at Step 4 of the configuration?

Please could you bear in mind if replying that I am a network novice. I have no idea what all this "pinging" is about and do not know how enable or disable "DHCP". If your answer contains any reference to these procedures could I please ask that you explain, in detail, how to access and adjust these features.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to offer.

Best Regards

Tony Norton
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 458

Replies: 0

Related Articles