WDR3500 and Port Triggering

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-10-18 02:02:00
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I am having trouble with Port Triggering setup. My problem is that sometimes it works, and sometimes it does not.

I'm a PHP developer and I need to be able to use XDebug service, which needs to be triggered across HTTP connection (tcp port 80) and which would connect over tcp port 9000 to my local computer within the LAN powered by TPLink WDR3500. This service is normally activated from a web site, which I need to debug, so I went ahead and configured Forwarding => Port Triggering as shown below:

So when I activate XDebug across a HTTP connection, the XDebug PHP extension on the remote server would connect back to my computer over 9000 port. The issue is that it does not ALWAYS work and I am stuck at determining why it works only sometimes. When it does not work and when I telnet to the router from outside, the port 9000 is closed. If I telnet to my computer at port 9000 from within my LAN, the port is open and listening for incoming connections. I've tried to disable local firewall (I am on a Mac), and tried many different options but it just doesn't work. :(

The only way to make it work is to create a Virtual Servers configuration as shown below (my local computer IP is 192.168.0.101):

However, then I cannot use the same XDebug service from another computer in the same LAN, as Virtual Servers is bound to a particular IP address (my machine in this case).

I hope my issue is clear and I hope there is a solution. Before WDR3500 I was using Zyxel NBG 416n Wireless router and there was no problem with XDebug connecting back to the same computer where the connection is made from over HTTP.

I would love to see a firmware update that would solve this issue.

Many thanks,
Andrejs
Options
2 Reply
Re:WDR3500 and Port Triggering
2013-10-19 04:05:23
Hi
Try to put 192.168.0.101 in the DMZ and enable DMZ. I hope this works
Options
Re:WDR3500 and Port Triggering
2013-10-20 19:37:24
DMZ Help says: "The Router forwards packets of all services to the DMZ host.", which isn't acceptable. I am using services on other computers too.

My question is about Port Triggering and why it behaves strangely.

Andrejs
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 590

Replies: 2

Related Articles