Archer C7 5Ghz Problem - REQUIRES FIXING ASAP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 5Ghz Problem - REQUIRES FIXING ASAP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
171 Reply
Re:Archer C7 5Ghz Problem - REQUIRES FIXING ASAP
2014-02-13 18:42:26
where can i get the lastest beta? im about to break in two this router!
Options
2014-02-13 23:58:30

felipy2k wrote

where can i get the lastest beta? im about to break in two this router!

forget about it ... i got the link 2 pages ago, but the signal strengh and the load page times still under my spectations! ... even tru gigabyte cat 6 connection the web pages loading times still killing me! I already test with my ISP router and everything works fine! I pretty hate this C7 by now!
Options
2014-02-14 09:41:17
This router is garbage.
Options
Possible wireless adaptor issue instead?
2014-02-16 04:40:55
I have the same issue as a few other posters, with 5G dropping connection off and on throughout the day on a Windows laptop, but not on my Apple devices. The wireless will show connected most times (although sometimes it will show "Limited Connectivity-No Internet Access"). I have a Lenovo T430 with an Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205. I just installed the TP-Link last night and noticed the issue within 30 minutes. However, I also have a Netgear R6300 that is an ac, Dual Band 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz that I was using until the firmware got fried for the 2nd time (known issue with that router) and I decided to replace it. The same exact connectivity issue happened with that router when connected through 5G, but not 2.4G.....Just like with this router. I'm now wondering if it's either the adaptor or a combination of the router and the adaptor and how they handle 5G. It looks to me like the router is not necessarily 100% to blame. Googling the issue shows others with different 5G routers have the same issue. Maybe the companies that make the adaptors need to start looking at their compatibility and work WITH the router manufacturers to find a solution. In the mean time, TP-Link, Netgear, etc. should probably put big warnings on these routers that 5G is buggy at best so that consumers are aware. I've also learned that a lot of sites that review these routers conveniently leave out the part about all the bugs that are quite common with both of these routers, giving me a valuable lesson in buying new technology based on popular tech website reviews.

ETA: Since I don't have the issue with 5G on any of my iDevices, just my Lenovo laptop, I think connection issues on non-Apple devices might be a separate issue.
Options
2014-02-16 19:14:06
Options
2014-02-17 16:50:32
Region : Poland
Firmware Version: 3.13.33 Build 130729 Rel.56122n
Hardware Version: Archer C7 v1 00000000
ISP : irrelevant

The case is interresting as I have a WDS bridge with WDR4300 (the C7 works as main, WDR4300 as client) over 5GHz and the connection between them is rock solid

@jimasek I've tested it, and it worked rather funny... cut me from my network printer connected to the C7 switch... therefore I returned to the latest stable

However with the WDS bridge rock solid causes other 5GHz clients to be sometimes starved and switching to 2.4GHz band (I have all the routers with same SSID for roaming purposes).
Options
2014-02-25 23:11:32
I actually emailed TPLINk and they replied.

Step 2. After successfully login to the management page, please go to Wireless 5GHz-à Wireless Settings on the left side, please change the channel to 36/165, and save it.
Step 3. Then go to Wireless 5GHz-àWireless advanced, uncheck enable WMM-à save it.
Step 4. After that, go to System Tools-à Reboot, click the button to reboot the device.

However, you must not un-tick WMM because that will reduce connection speed to 54mbps.
What I did was just manually chose wireless channel 36 for the 5GHZ setting, saved reboot and it worked. I have not been disconnected for hours now. I'm using a late 2013 Macbook Pro Retina.My security settings is WPA2 personal.

I also did not disable uPNP as some have previously suggested.
Options
2014-02-27 01:27:12
Unfortunately setting the channel to 36 doesn't help much. I did try disabling WMM but then the max rate is indeed only 54Mbps, so didn't even test that because it doesn't make much sense to use it in that connection.

In other news, I'm also having problems with 2.4GHz, where the connection is sometimes not loading anything for a couple of seconds. Reconnecting fixes these issues. This happens far less often than the 5GHz problems, but still annoying.
Options
2014-02-27 12:59:36
I'm running firmware 3.13.34 Build 140127 Rel.64714n. I changed the wireless channel to 36 and left WMM on. I could not get the WIFI to connect to anything on my late 2013 Retina Macbook with WPA2 security turned on.. What other settings did you have your router set on?
Options
2014-02-27 17:42:19
Hi

Actually I'm not running that latest beta firmware. I'm using the 130729 firmware.

My WMM is also turned on, and i'm on channel 36 and it works just fine. I also have the late 2013 Mac Pro Retina.

For the security, its set to WPA/WPA2 personal. For encryption, its set to AES.

Maybe you can try one by one all the channels and see if it works. When I tried channel 165, the macbook couldn't even see the 5Ghz SSID.
Options
Related Articles