Archer C7 5Ghz Problem - REQUIRES FIXING ASAP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 5Ghz Problem - REQUIRES FIXING ASAP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
171 Reply
Re:Archer C7 5Ghz Problem - REQUIRES FIXING ASAP
2013-11-06 22:04:04
I have this problem and i dont have any ac at all, only n..
Options
2013-11-30 20:27:11

markswift wrote

Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 3.13.33 Build 130729 Rel.56122n

ISP : Plusnet UK

Dear TP Link / Forum users,

As reported here numerous times the Archer C7 has issues with the 5Ghz band and Apple devices (Sometimes my Galaxy S3 too). 2.4Ghz appears to operate fine.

I have tried numerous times to connect my iPad / Macbook Pro / Macbook Pro Retina and although I can connect successfully to the WiFi there is an issue with internet connectivity once connected. TKIP seems to work at times but obviously throughput is slower. WPA2-PSK AES does not work.

This requires fixing ASAP as this is a major bug.

P.S. I am currently working around the issue by leaving my 5Ghz band open and using MAC filtering to prevent access.

Pls start a support ticket with this issue. I did so and then TPLink support staff noticed the forum posts. They dont seem to moderate the forum at all. So dont expect help from them here. If more ppl make support tickets they might actually look into it.

If TP link dosent look at this soon i will return my router. And i will never buy or recommend TP link again.
Options
2013-12-10 15:07:50
Maybe an update of Apple SMC will help
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1237?locale=zh_CN
Options
Severe 5GHz issues
2013-12-26 20:05:58
Region : Canada

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Archer C7 v1 00000000 (Though on the Box it says 1.1)

Firmware Version : 3.13.33 Build 130729 Rel.56122n

ISP : Acanac Inc (Bell Canada VDSL Reseller)

I tried to put in a support ticket, however I received an undeliverable message saying it failed! :( ca@tp-link.com is supposed to be the email address. This is from my hotmail account. I've also sent it from my work email and while I haven't gotten a bounceback yet, I have not received a ticket number/auto reply from TPlink yet either.

My wife got me the Archer C7 for Christmas. We are past the 30 day return policy as she is pro-active and buys her Christmas presents early otherwise I would likely just exchange it for the (albeit much more expensive) Asus model.

Like everyone else I'm having severe issues with the 5GHz band. I only have one device using that band, so it's not interference or congestion. My laptop, of course, has a broadcom chip (4352) and I'm running Windows 7 x64.

When I first setup the router, it worked great for about half an hour. Transferring files between my laptop and my htpc was going at 65 MBps and internet access was very snappy, but then, just as all of you, it started crapping out. After several hours of playing around I discovered that if I drop the encryption to WPA Personal instead of WPA2 Personal AND changed the encryption from AES to TKIP, I have a stable connection to the internet and can connect to my other network devices HOWEVER transfer speeds between my laptop and HTPC (ie the whole reason I asked for the TPLink for Christmas was I wanted the speed) is horrible. I'm lucky if I get 2MBps.

I'm thoroughly disappointed with TPlink. I've used their devices for years and have always recommended TPlink to everyone that I talk to, however I need a resolution to this issue! I cannot return this device, so I need TPlink to either fix the issue, replace the device with a different HW version (I hear they have a 2.0 version out) or send me a different model altogether that is both dual-band and AC enabled.

EDIT: I've managed to put in a support ticket via the website, we'll see what they have to say. If I don't hear anything back by this afternoon, I'll be calling in.
Options
2013-12-26 20:40:54
The email address must be support.ca@tp-link.com.
Options
2013-12-26 21:17:18

slask111 wrote

Pls start a support ticket with this issue. I did so and then TPLink support staff noticed the forum posts. They dont seem to moderate the forum at all. So dont expect help from them here. If more ppl make support tickets they might actually look into it.

If TP link dosent look at this soon i will return my router. And i will never buy or recommend TP link again.

Did TPlink resolve your situation for you?
Options
2013-12-26 21:19:30

Matthew cook wrote

The email address must be support.ca@tp-link.com.

Thanks for that. I submitted a ticket through the website and at the normal "support@tp-link.com" address, but will email this one as well!!
Options
2013-12-27 00:46:13

HiSpeed wrote

I suggest you to get a refund or an other router (Asus for example)...

HiSpeed what can you say at the expense of a model Buffalo WZR-1750DHP ? This brand is officially supported by DD-WRT.
Options
2013-12-27 19:50:37

RAH-66 wrote

HiSpeed what can you say at the expense of a model Buffalo WZR-1750DHP ? This brand is officially supported by DD-WRT.

I don't know if it is reliable, but it appears interesting...

Buffalo WZR-1750DHP review
Options
2013-12-27 20:36:10

RAH-66 wrote

I don't know if it is reliable, but it appears interesting...

Buffalo WZR-1750DHP review
Options