Archer C7 5Ghz Problem - REQUIRES FIXING ASAP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 5Ghz Problem - REQUIRES FIXING ASAP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
171 Reply
Similar Problem Here - Mid 2013 Macbook Air 5Ghz Connection Problems
2014-03-03 05:53:53
I am having similar problems connecting with my Macbook Air using the 5ghz on my AC1750. This issue has been a nightmare to track down since I bought this router a week ago... :mad: I have contacted Apple and even re-installed OS X, contacted my ISP, changed DNS servers and every combination I could think of but the internet connectivity to the Macbook Air would be lost sooner or later, sometimes lasting days between failures. This is after thinking the problem was with the USB network shares on the TP-Link causing the connectivity problems. So, I abandoned having my hard drive and printer plugged into the router which I was really excited about trying out. I have upgraded to the 140127 hardware on the router as well.

One solution to the problem it seems is to turn off the ac protocol on the 5ghz band, so it's just running 802.11an mixed as opposed to 802.11a/n/ac mixed. It doesn't look to me like that Macbook Air will connect to the 5ghz range when running in that mode, it seems to prefer the 2.4 ghz connection, and I think several other devices I have will not see the 5ghz network now either. So, this is not much of a solution, really! I contacted TP-Link support today so I will report back if/when they get back to me about this issue. I really hope they will be able to fix this problem with a firmware solution soon or I will have to send the router back! Please, guys, if you find any more solutions post them, and keep writing TP-Link until we get a solution on this!
Options
Re:Archer C7 5Ghz Problem - REQUIRES FIXING ASAP
2014-03-07 00:32:55
I am having similar issues to those mentioned in this thread. Lots of dropped signals and I have not been able to get my connection speed above 144Mbps per Windows. I would encourage all of those who are having problems to open tickets as well to bring more attention to the matter.
Options
2014-03-08 05:29:22
Anyone know if this is fixed in the Archer C7 V2?
Options
2014-03-10 18:56:10
Bought the C7 v1.
Can anyone confirm if the beta resolves any 5GHz issues?

On earliest March 2013 firmware, I notice when I connect a Nexus 5, it will initially (2-3 seconds) connect at 433 Mb link speed. Then about half the time drop right down to 6Mb. After maybe 2 to 5 minutes it will come back up to 433 Mb. This is all within a metre with line of sight to the router.
Sometimes turning wifi off and on helps, sometimes it doesnt.

Sometimes it's quite stable - but if I switch say to the 2.4 GHz and back to 5 GHz SSID the link speed going down to 6Mbps happens again.

I have seen this reported in several places - but not sure if latest firmware resolves?
Options
2014-03-11 08:46:12

abulkasam wrote

Bought the C7 v1.

On earliest March 2013 firmware, I notice when I connect a Nexus 5, it will initially (2-3 seconds) connect at 433 Mb link speed. Then about half the time drop right down to 6Mb. After maybe 2 to 5 minutes it will come back up to 433 Mb. This is all within a metre with line of sight to the router.

Sometimes it's quite stable - but if I switch say to the 2.4 GHz and back to 5 GHz SSID the link speed going down to 6Mbps happens again.

I have seen this reported in several places - but not sure if latest firmware resolves?

It half way resolves some problems, but not all and YMMV. On 130729 the 5ghz band would not connect to a Dell Venue 11 Pro at all, or would only connect "Limited, No Internet" capacity. On 140127 I have got it to connect a couple times, but is ultimately unreliable and will frequently drop connection or outright choose to not function at all.
Options
2014-03-11 22:21:19
Earlier, I said that my problem was fixed. However, upon a router reboot, the problem persisted again. I've since upgraded to the latest beta firmware, 140127, and it is more stable. I still might get disconnected after 6 or 7 hours though. Sometimes after 1 hour. Sometimes It could go several days.
Very strange.
Options
2014-03-11 23:23:36
These disconnections are on the LAN or WAN side?
Options
2014-03-11 23:25:49
its on the LAN side, wifi connection on the 5GHZ spectrum
Options
2014-03-11 23:39:50
Maybe this is problem with the address lease time in DHCP? Have you changed this value?
Options
2014-03-13 10:37:57

abulkasam wrote

Bought the C7 v1.

I have exactly the same problem on the July 2013 Firmware 3.13.33 Build 130729. Seems like this router simple doesn't do AC wireless at all. I contacted TP-Link support. If I don't get a resolution I'll be demanding a refund. I only bought a laptop with AC support a few days ago and at this point it's beyond the retailers return date. Seems like tp-link is just selling an expensive n router.
Options
Related Articles