Archer C7 5Ghz Problem - REQUIRES FIXING ASAP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 5Ghz Problem - REQUIRES FIXING ASAP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
171 Reply
Re:Archer C7 5Ghz Problem - REQUIRES FIXING ASAP
2014-04-18 04:48:10
I also have very positive results with 140402: my MacBook Air connects at proper ac-speeds after every resume.
Options
2014-04-18 20:12:49
After a couple more days, there are still issues with 140402. After a while, I'm still logged out from Facebook chat in Adium and I noticed that with this new beta, facebook.com itself is not available as well. DNS lookup for the domain works, but accessing the IP address (through browser or by pinging) fails, it just stalls and timeouts eventually. With earlier firmware the Facebook website itself could load properly, but many images were missing then. Now it's all or nothing. Switching to 2.4 and back to 5GHz helps, just as before.

Note that during these weird situations, only Facebook has problems. All other sites I can still be accessed properly.
Options
2014-04-19 00:18:14
Same for me, 140402 has run more stably than the prior versions, however, issues persist, at time I still am forced to reboot the router due to loss of access to the internet, some computers continue being properly routed, others stop, nothing on the network or internet is accessible. Now the positive side, I have an open RMA now for a v2 version of the hardware, we'll see how well it behaves as compared to the v1 I've been using, I have to say I appreciate TP-Link standing behind their product and taking care of the issue via RMA.
Options
RMA Procedure?
2014-04-19 06:55:36
What is the process to return TP-Archer v1 for the latest to fix the connectivity issues?

ED
Options
2014-04-19 07:07:59

hecampbell wrote

Same for me, 140402 has run more stably than the prior versions, however, issues persist, at time I still am forced to reboot the router due to loss of access to the internet, some computers continue being properly routed, others stop, nothing on the network or internet is accessible. Now the positive side, I have an open RMA now for a v2 version of the hardware, we'll see how well it behaves as compared to the v1 I've been using, I have to say I appreciate TP-Link standing behind their product and taking care of the issue via RMA.

What exactly IS the RMA procedure?
Where do I find it?
Ed
Options
2014-04-20 00:46:49
Create an incident ticket with support : http://ticket.tp-link.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
Options
V2 has same bug.
2014-04-20 01:49:53
Please excuse my poor English.
I have V2.

Firmware Ver : ArcherC7v2_kr_3_13_34_up_boot(140418)

I experienced some bug. Also some other consumers experienced some bug, too.

Bug list.

Intermittently 2.4Ghz signal is disconnected 1~2 second in some smartphone. ex / Galaxy Note 2 (SHV-E250S)
Intermittently 5Ghz signal is disconnected in some smartphone. ex/ iPhone 5S and new iPad
Sleep mode issue in Mac book.
And so on.

Please fix it asap.
Options
2014-04-23 10:20:46
I received my v2 replacement router today, after the initial configuration I'm seeing slightly stronger signal than from my v1 (or I might be imaging that), the auto channel select is working for 5Ghz, whereas it wasn't on the v1, not sure about the auto channel select on 2.4Ghz yet, InSIDDer says I should move to a different channel than elected by the router, it's currently using 6+10. Currently general web surfing seems faster, pages are loading faster than they did through the v1 product, we'll see how that holds up long term, also need to check the iPad and IPhone to see how they respond. Tomorrow I'll be checking VOIP to see if that behaves any differently, I'm certainly hopeful.
Options
2014-04-24 09:23:08
i wish i could try the RMA here from Brasil, but i bought the C7 outside from Brasil, so RMA would not work i guess ! They are fixing the V1 sending a V2? this is company is a joke!
Options
Hardware V2 feedback
2014-04-25 09:46:48

hecampbell wrote

I received my v2 replacement router today, after the initial configuration I'm seeing slightly stronger signal than from my v1 (or I might be imaging that), the auto channel select is working for 5Ghz, whereas it wasn't on the v1, not sure about the auto channel select on 2.4Ghz yet, InSIDDer says I should move to a different channel than elected by the router, it's currently using 6+10. Currently general web surfing seems faster, pages are loading faster than they did through the v1 product, we'll see how that holds up long term, also need to check the iPad and IPhone to see how they respond. Tomorrow I'll be checking VOIP to see if that behaves any differently, I'm certainly hopeful.

Hi,

Please keep posting your thoughts and observation for the V2 hardware.
I asked for RMA to replace mine V1 , but support person asked me to try out beta first. I'm not seeing any much improvement with beta firmware so would likely to go with RMA and replace it with V2.
however, I would like to get your feedback of V2 hardware to see if there is really a performance benefit with V2 over V1.
Options
Related Articles