Archer C7 5Ghz Problem - REQUIRES FIXING ASAP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 5Ghz Problem - REQUIRES FIXING ASAP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
171 Reply
Re:Archer C7 5Ghz Problem - REQUIRES FIXING ASAP
2014-04-25 20:59:14
Official Archer C7_V1_140402 stable firmware is available for download
http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=Archer+C7&version=V1
Options
2014-04-26 00:19:27
Thanks for information.
Options
2014-04-26 00:32:41
This updated official firmware seems good, i've not had any disconnection issues, and bandwidth seems slightly faster on the 5Ghz band.
Options
2014-04-27 09:11:01
I think the V2 has worked pretty well for the first week I had it running, no real issues except for enabling protection from DDoS attacks and so forth, the existing example values are too low,
I've disabled that for now until I have time to experiment with larger values to see if I can utilize the functionality. Beyond that it's been much more stable than V1 with any of the firmware versions. We'll see how next week goes once I get more time to expirement.
Options
Still the same problems with firmware 140402
2014-04-28 16:13:18
Still the same problems with firmware 140402 (official), nothing changed...
Options
2014-04-29 01:28:54
Still the same problems

Can you describe those problems?
Options
changing DNS may be solution for some
2014-04-29 01:36:01
Reading through this thread, it sounds as though we may be discussing more than one problem. But when I re-read the original post:

"I can connect successfully to the WiFi there is an issue with internet connectivity once connected."

or posts like this:

"DNS lookup for the domain works, but accessing the IP address (through browser or by pinging) fails, it just stalls and timeouts eventually."

...I think of DNS issues. (To be clear, other symptoms described do not sound as simple as DNS issues.)

In my household the Apple devices didn't seem to connect at all, and my PCs showed erratic page loads. I especially noticed this with media-rich pages on blogs and news sites, like Boy Genius Report. I noticed that in Chrome (my browser of choice), I would see "Resolving Host" in the status area (lower left-hand corner). I decided to experiment by forcing the router to use an alternate DNS. Boom! Problem solved.

Here's how to give it a try:

1) Head to your favorite DNS provider to get the IP addresses of their DNS servers. If you don't have a favorite, or haven't researched them, I can recommend Open DNS. There are several others (like Free DNS) which I've never tried.
2) Log into the firmware of your C7. Under Network check the box "Use these DNS Servers". Enter the primary and secondary IP addresses you obtained in Step 1.

I'll be curious to see if others have success with this. I've never had a router which failed to reliably use the DNS automatically obtained from my ISP, until now, so this is a head-scratcher.
Options
Better Results?
2014-04-29 10:03:12

hecampbell wrote

I think the V2 has worked pretty well for the first week I had it running, no real issues except for enabling protection from DDoS attacks and so forth, the existing example values are too low,
I've disabled that for now until I have time to experiment with larger values to see if I can utilize the functionality. Beyond that it's been much more stable than V1 with any of the firmware versions. We'll see how next week goes once I get more time to expirement.

How is it going? I was thinking of buying this router… but a bit put off after reading this forum.

The expensive Asus alternative doesn't seem much better after sifting through the feedback on amazon...
Options
2014-04-29 22:36:29

Vic wrote

Maybe an update of Apple SMC will help
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1237?locale=zh_CN

Nope
Options
2014-04-29 22:39:04

jimasek wrote

Can you describe those problems?

Just read the thread from the beginning and then you know which problems I mean...
Options
Related Articles