Archer C7 5Ghz Problem - REQUIRES FIXING ASAP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 5Ghz Problem - REQUIRES FIXING ASAP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
171 Reply
Re:Archer C7 5Ghz Problem - REQUIRES FIXING ASAP
2014-07-23 05:06:34

abulkasam wrote

Could someone please confirm the RMA process?

Also when on WIFI on a Nexus 5, using various apps like Twitter. The images don't load. I then switch off WIFI off and on on the Nexus 5 and hey presto, things load. Then they stop loading. Wifi off and on and it's ok again. This is happening minute by minute.

About to return as defective, but really hoping the RMA process gets me a working V2.

I have the exact same issue with an iPhone 5s and several MacBooks. Rebooting the device (!) helps for a couple hours/days.

I'm currently in the process of requesting RMA, hoping they agree to swap my C7 for a V2 one. Their first reply was to change some settings regarding channel (use a fixed channel) and to disable 11ac entirely. I have been working with this configuration for two weeks but it hasn't solved anything, so I just replied with yet another request for an RMA swap.

I will keep posting updates here as I learn more.
Options
2014-08-14 14:43:31
The latest official firmware from the tp-link site for the Archer C7 V1 seems to have solved all problems finally! My 2014 macbook pro does not have any disconnection issues, nor does any of my other various devices.
Options
2014-08-15 03:38:17
Are you talking about Archer C7_V1_140704?
Options
2014-08-15 10:56:52
yes, that's the one!

I also have two USB drives connected, a 2TB seagate & 500GB seagate configured with SMB, and remote FTP and this has also become much more stable now. Previously, the USB drives would often become inaccessible on the local network after intensive use.

I don't have anymore disconnects on the 2.4ghz & 5 ghz bands. I have a 2014 Macbook pro using the 802.11AC 5GHZ, 2 windows desktops, 2 IP cameras, printer, several android phones, and IPADs, total over 12 wifi devices and 3 wired LAN devices connected at same time and everything is working smoothly.

I'm finally happy with this router now. If only the DLNA could be fully compliant that would be excellent.
Options
vashikaran mantra
2014-08-15 16:18:26
This issue seems to be a problem for many people, since so many has taken their time to actually register an account on the forum and talk about the issue. But the threads have no replyes by the staff and no firmware is released.
Options
2014-08-15 16:34:59
I'm finally happy with this router now. If only the DLNA could be fully compliant that would be excellent.

This is a bigger problem because we have too many TV brands on the market.
Options
2014-10-03 15:01:17
Just updated to the very latest firmware on TP-LINK website, and it's made it worse again, this time problems are coming up on the 2.4GHZ band.

However, i'm surprised to say DLNA seems to be working very well now, even my MKV files are showing up.

I'll have to downgrade to the second newest official firmware.
Options
2014-10-21 13:58:21
Tp-link provide great service.Its routers are amazing and I don't face any kind of problem with it.If you are facing any problem you must recheck the device may be there are some problem in your device or its firmware.
Options
I'm locked in 20 MHz channels at 5 GHz
2014-10-26 15:49:21
I just got an Archer C7 v2.

Sadly, although I can connect fine on 5 GHz, it only uses 20 MHz channels (so max 217 Mbps) when connecting with my MacBookPro Late 2013, which is capable of 80 MHz channels and 1300 Mbps. With the router right next to the laptop, my transfers from a wired PC to the laptop are capped at 17 MB/s (the interface rate is 217 Mbps).

I have tried to put the 5GHz interface in Open mode (disabled security) and that didn't help.

I also tried the latest firmware released last month by TP-Link. I also flashed OpenWRT hoping that it's a driver issue, but OpenWRT did the same (and was reporting that the interface is using 20 MHz even though it was set to use 80 MHz channel via htmode=VHT80).

So the thing may be more stable than previous hardware or software versions, but I'm not happy being capped at 17 MB/s.

I was getting more with my old N router (Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H)

Any clues?
Options
2014-10-27 17:00:46
Channel width can be modified to 40MHz on C7?
You'd better secure the network with WPA2-PSK, AES. What's the speed you get with your old N router? Did you test wird speed to C7?
Options
Related Articles