USB Port Question (1043ND)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-10-23 03:26:19
Region : Others

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.13.12 Build 120405 Rel.33996n

ISP : Bezeq Benleumi

I am very happy with this router, but cannot find the right use for the usb port...:confused:

Currently, I am using this for a printer (HP OfficeJet J4580) which is supported in the list, but trying to address some questions

1) theoretically, what is the advantage of this as oppose to sharing a printer via the home network in windows, is it achieving the same functionality?
2) I hooked it to the router and install the SW (annoying that you have to install the print server though) and via my desktop PC (windows 8.1 64 bit) I can see the printer and print . The problem is that I couldn't do the same from my laptop (windows 7 32 bit)...it doesn't see the printer - my printer is shared BTW in windows desktop PC - is that right?
3) can I print to it from my mobile devices (ipad, phones) connected to the router?

And if I use the USB as sharing files of my external Hard Drive - are there any supporting applications for iPad or android devices that I can stream to them directly from the HD?
at the moment I can achieve the same with AirPlay and StreamToMe for example (i just need my pc on for this, no big deal)

Any help is appreciated!;);)
Options
1 Reply
Re:USB Port Question (1043ND)
2013-10-26 00:29:53
Hi,

The USB port management is crappy with all the TP-Link routers !

The printer management is not "universal" because requiring a special software on the client.
For example, with the DD-WRT firmware you have only to declare a local printer on a TCP/IP port.

I believe that the R&D developers don't have the required level to handle seriously this portion of firmware code...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 383

Replies: 1

Related Articles