Connected, but no internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-11-04 17:37:49
Region : Netherlands

Model : TL-WA850RE

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.14.8 Build 130922 Rel.53068n

ISP :

I already own another TP-Link Access Point but it doesn't cover the whole house. So i bought this WA850RE to extend the signal.

I upgraded to the latest firmware and connected it to my main Access Point. I gave the extender an other SSID so it can easily be identified and tested.
The problem is, connecting to the extender works fine but there is no internet connection. On my main AP the internet works just fine. I have tried different channels and and limiting the channel width to 20Mhz but nothing seems to work.
One other thing is that the webinterface says that the extender is connected to my main AP but the RE led is off. I read that this should be on when connected. Sometimes the RE led turns on but there is still no internet connection.
I have tested this with an HTC One X and a HTC Desire X.

What could be the problem?
Options
6 Reply
Re:Connected, but no internet
2013-11-11 09:44:52
check the ip address of the range extender and your computer, ping 8.8.8.8 from your computer for a test.?
Options
2013-11-12 14:09:42
Does the 850RE can see the main AP ? without walls or anything that can weaken signals......
I think your problem is caused by the distance between 850RE and the main AP.
Options
2013-11-20 02:37:37
My 850RE can see the main AP perfectly. It has a good signal.
I have tested the extender and it seems that my network connection is good, except for my router. I can ping all devices but when i ping my router it has severe packet loss or no reply at all. I do not have that problem when connected to the main AP.

So what can this be?
Options
2013-11-20 08:50:27
I have learned that even the web interface says that the extender is connected, it's in fact not connect if the extender's IP is 192.168.0.254 (extender default IP address)

I suggest u put your 850 near your AP to test in order to make sure that the extender is really connected
Options
2013-12-02 11:28:50
Try to ping the root AP, see if the connection between your AP and 850RE is really established.
Options
2013-12-04 18:11:11
A ping to root AP works just fine. My router is the only devices with packet loss.
When i Google for TP-link and gateway packet loss i get allot of results. But nothing specific for my device.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1328

Replies: 6

Related Articles