software keeps grabbing focus from whatever window is up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-05-30 00:32:15
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WN822N

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

ive reinstalled windows 7 pro after i thought i had a virus i couldnt find or get rid of. it looks like its the software that came with the adapter, it was the first thing i installed and it didnt happen before. also the signal has been dropping every 5-10 mins for the last 2 days. id like to keep using this but if this isnt sorted then i would like my money back....i know this has happend to other users.
Options
2 Reply
Re:software keeps grabbing focus from whatever window is up
2013-06-01 15:53:14
try to set a fixed wireless channel on your wireless router. The recommanded channel is 1/6/11.
Options
Wireless Utility Grabbing focus in Windows
2013-07-14 23:52:13
Several others have had this issue as have I.
I found that if you don't minimize the utility, that it is always visible on the desktop, the utility will not grab focus from other windows.
If you minimize it, every 30 seconds or so, it will take the focus away from the window you are working in.

This thread proposed a solution:

http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?2687-TP-Link-Utility-Stealing-Focus-from-Programs-Solution&highlight=windows+focus
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 455

Replies: 2