How to make "wireless lan" between two 702n Routers.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-12-19 20:15:02
Region : Russia

Model : TL-WR702N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello, so basically I want to make “wireless lan” between two devices with lan output.
I have two 702n routers. One router NEED to work as a client. Other I don’t care I just need to see the first device.
Ok so now im connecting the first 702n router to my device trough lan port. Router set up to CLIENT MODE, and ip address of device is set manually (I cannot change the device setting to take ip automatically because its IP CAMERA) 192.168.1.20 subnet 255.255.255.0 gateway (the client mode router ip that I connected)

Ok second device is my computer. I connected 702n router again trough LAN port. What mode should I make? Access point ? I tried it. Doesn’t work. First router connects to this acess point. From computer I can ping the client mode router and my router that connected to computer but I cannot ping the ip camera. Why?
P.S I connected the camera with 702n client mode to cisco router. I can ping it and it works good, but I don’t need so huge router for it.

Sorry for my bad English. If you don’t understand something I can draw a scheme.
Options
2 Reply
Re:How to make "wireless lan" between two 702n Routers.
2013-12-20 15:26:28
This is you topology. IP CAMERA----702N(client) )))((((702(AP)------------PC
Am I right?I think the LAN IP of your client mode is not in the same subnet with IP CAMERA.
Options
Re:How to make "wireless lan" between two 702n Routers.
2013-12-29 18:49:29

chrome wrote

This is you topology. IP CAMERA----702N(client) )))((((702(AP)------------PC
Am I right?I think the LAN IP of your client mode is not in the same subnet with IP CAMERA.

Yes topology is right, like you writed. "IP CAMERA----702N(client) )))((((702(AP)------------PC" Its the same if i connect this topology without ip camera but with 2 computers on the end. From both computers i can ping the "702n" client mode and 702AP mode. But i cannot ping computers itself. Ok when i will be able to access those routers (im currently away from home) i will write back here with results of subnet and screenshots.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 449

Replies: 2