Wireless N adaptors which supports SoftAP mode in Windows Vista 32-bit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-12-26 10:35:28
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WN721N

Hardware Version : --
Firmware Version :

ISP :

What are the Wireless N adaptors which supports SoftAP mode in Windows Vista 32-bit ?

I own TL-WN823N, but I am unable to configure its SoftAP function in my Windows Vista-32bit PC. I searched so much content on internet; most of the people are saying that TL-WN823N supports softap mode on win7 only... (unfortunately, softap mode didn't worked even on my friend's Win 7 PC).

The patheic situation is: that, I mailed TP-Link support before I purchasing TL-WN823N about support of softap mode on vista. Support team mailed me that it supports softap on vista also.

So I finally decided to purchase some other wifi adaptor which support softap mode on vista.

Kindly tell me "What are the Wireless N adaptors which supports SoftAP mode in Windows Vista 32-bit " if anyone knows.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Wireless N adaptors which supports SoftAP mode in Windows Vista 32-bit
2013-12-27 14:44:50
many wireless N adapters supports SoftAP mode in windows vista 32-bit.
You can find the support information on official website, first type in modem No in search bar, second,select the product and click download ,to find the driver and utility are support vista 32 or not.
TL-WN721N TL-WDR3200 many of them support ,but TL-WN823N not!
Options
2013-12-27 22:12:25

dawnman wrote

many wireless N adapters supports SoftAP mode in windows vista 32-bit.
You can find the support information on official website, first type in modem No in search bar, second,select the product and click download ,to find the driver and utility are support vista 32 or not.
TL-WN721N TL-WDR3200 many of them support ,but TL-WN823N not!

Thank you for your kind reply.

But, on the driver-download page of TL-WN823N, it shows that both driver and utility support vista. You can see at the following URL:

http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=TL-WN823N&version=V1#tbl_a

So, I think it is very hard to find whether an Wireless N adaptor supports softap mode in a particular OS or not from official website.

Even in the case TL-WN721N, some memebers of this forum are saying that it supports softAP mode in windows 7 only....
Reference:
http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?15958-Softap-mode-buttons-disabled-in-xp&region=china

http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?2893-I-can´t-to-set-ON-softAP-mode&region=china
Options
2013-12-30 11:03:01
I think you can return the adapter to shipping centre of TP-LINK, or change another adapter which can be used.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 675

Replies: 3