WR1043ND Drops Wi-Fi Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-01-02 16:58:08
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.13.13 Build 130428 Rel. 58290N

ISP : Virgin Media

I have been using this router since May 2013 and after an initial problem with it dropping the connection to my Vista PC (which seems to have rectified itself) I have another recurring problem with it dropping the wi-fi connection to my entire network.

Initially it seemed to happen every now and again, but it is now happening with increasing regularity - at least once per day now - and it's really getting on my nerves.

When it happens my only option is to physically pull the power out of the router and start it up again.

I have the latest version of the firmware.

The issue is definitely with this router - if I replace it with my old router I have a rock solid connection, and if I remove the router from my network entirely and enable the router mode on my modem I likewise have no problems.

Really grateful for any suggestions - the only one I have left involves a heavy hammer which will lead to a brief sense of satisfaction followed by a feeling of intense loss!!! ;)
Options
2 Reply
Re:WR1043ND Drops Wi-Fi Connection
2014-01-02 18:37:56
Hi,

Roll back to the build 130325 !
Options
Re:WR1043ND Drops Wi-Fi Connection
2014-04-27 03:10:13
Not sure if you've resolved this now, since your post was a while ago, but I've had the same problem and have been told by TP-Link support that there's a problem with the router. They are going to replace it. I've seen at least one other post saying the same thing so, if it's still a problem, you could contact TP-Link support.
Best of luck.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 352

Replies: 2

Related Articles