Archer C7 needs VLANs... Also Guest Network, how to allow DHCP access on main router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 needs VLANs... Also Guest Network, how to allow DHCP access on main router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-01-03 04:50:11
Region : Canada

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Will the Archer C7 get VLAN support in a new firmware update? VLANs would be very useful for the Guest SSID feature.

Also, I'm using the C7 as an access point only, is there a way I can use Guest Networks but disable "Allow Access to My Network" but allow the guest clients to access my local DHCP on my main router (not on the C7).

Thanks!
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C7 needs VLANs... Also Guest Network, how to allow DHCP access on main router?
2014-01-03 11:31:51
Will the Archer C7 get VLAN support in a new firmware update? VLANs would be very useful for the Guest SSID feature.
you can ask their support. But I think they will not.It's made for soho router ,not SMB router.
as an access point only->you should disable DHCP,and not to use WAN port.
so you requirements can be met!
Options
Re:Archer C7 needs VLANs... Also Guest Network, how to allow DHCP access on main router?
2014-01-04 15:27:54

dawnman wrote

as an access point only->you should disable DHCP,and not to use WAN port.
so you requirements can be met!

The problem is that if the Guest SSID is enabled, and "Allow Access to My Network" is enabled, clients cannot access the DHCP server.

There needs to be some sort of "Allowed IP Address" functionality in the Guest Network section to allow DHCP requests through (if the device is used as an AP only).
Options
2014-01-07 14:48:41
Options
2014-01-08 10:07:10

dawnman wrote

... I just said I do not want to enable "Allow Access to My Network!" :)

I don't want guests messing around my network.

Ah well, I used pfSense instead to handle my firewall/guest network needs.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2846

Replies: 4

Related Articles