Having trouble with TL-WR842ND.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-01-10 03:59:51
Region : Others

Model : TL-WR842ND

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : Latest, from TPLink's website

ISP : Ikom Beograd

I am having trouble with TP-Link's WR842ND (V1) router.
These issues have been happening pretty much since i bought it.

A couple of times per week (sometimes even more often) all the devices connected to my TL-WR842ND lose contact with the router - both the wireless devices/laptops as well as the cable connected (LAN) PCs.

The devices usually regain contact with the router in ~20 seconds - but sometimes i need to fully unplug the router from the power and then plug it back in just so the devices can reconnect to it (after the router boots up).

To me, it seems like the router just temporarily "gives up on life" and terminates all device connections it is currently involved with - like it decided to restart itself or is just protesting by refusing to talk to any device.

I tried eliminating every possible device from the network just to see if they are the culprit, but no matter what i did the router kept failing.

I tried installing the proper newest firmware update, as well as toying with all the possible settings in the "tplinklogin.net" menu (accessed from browser) - i even tried the factory reset (multiple times), but absolutely nothing helped.

I tried moving the TPLink router around the room to different corners and power outlets, but it had no effect.

If i completely remove the TPLink's router and make my main pc (win 7 32bit) directly connect (with cable) to the internet provider's modem, it all works perfectly fine - leading me to believe that the guilty party definitely is the TPLink's router.

Is there anything else i can try and do to fix/diagnose this issue?
Could the router be faulty or damaged in some way?

Thank you for reading and helping.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Having trouble with TL-WR842ND.
2014-01-12 00:05:26
Don't waste time writing in this forum, no person of tplink will help you. Well, in this threat http://goo.gl/fIs90r many users have the same problem, if you dont have many time with the problem (return the product). If not, the posible solution is burn the old firmware TL-WR842ND_V1_120424. in otherwise the router is broken. sorry. I think the news firmwares produce damage in the hardware.
Options
2014-06-05 19:34:00
I have the same problem.
How to put old firmware TL-WR842ND_V1_120424. Is it the same procedure like update new firmware?
Options
2014-06-10 16:01:13
The old firmware 120424 may be better than the latest.Have a try.
Options
2014-06-13 15:36:49
Very good solution for this model is Gargoyle.
Options