TL-WA901ND - Univeral Repeater or Bridge with AP with DNS and ROUTER problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-01-19 22:47:53
Region : Chile

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : 3.14.8 Build 130828 Rel.63678n

ISP :

Hello,

I have a Linksys Router (principal router) and i have TL-WA901ND to extend my wireless network.

1) The TL-WA901ND router connect without problems to the Linksys. I test the connection with the option "Diagnostic" of the router TL-WA901ND. When i "ping" the principal router, i receive response. When i "ping" a external ip with the ip (not the name), i receive "response", but when i "ping" with the name (example: www.nic.cl ) i dont' recevie response. The response is this:

Ping request could not find host www.nic.cl. Please check the name and try again.

2) When connect my notebook TL-WA901ND , i can connect but my computer say "limited connection" and i can navegate to internet

3) When connect my notebook to Linksys, i can connect, i can navegate to internet and i can connect to TL-WA901ND router

4) The problem only occur only when i connect to the TL-WA901ND router.

Thank you for your help

Jose Manuel Gonzalez
Options
6 Reply
Re:TL-WA901ND - Univeral Repeater or Bridge with AP with DNS and ROUTER problem
2014-01-21 06:07:06
TL-WA901ND is not a router it's a AP Access Point.
1) The TL-WA901ND router connect without problems to the Linksys

This is not a guessing game it's a forum you need to provide info.
1-you would not be posting if you didn't have problems
2-how do you want to extend your wi-fi, wired or wireless
Options
2014-01-21 07:50:47

danymarc wrote

TL-WA901ND is not a router it's a AP Access Point.
1) The TL-WA901ND router connect without problems to the Linksys
This is not a guessing game it's a forum you need to provide info.
1-you would not be posting if you didn't have problems
2-how do you want to extend your wi-fi, wired or wireless

"1-you would not be posting if you didn't have problems"

I see my question and say "2) When connect my notebook TL-WA901ND , i can connect but my computer say "limited connection" and i can navegate to internet "

and really i want to say

"2) When connect my notebook to the TL-WA901ND , i can connect to TL-WA901ND but my computer say "limited connection" and i can NOT navegate to internet "

"2-how do you want to extend your wi-fi, wired or wireless"

wireless.

Let me try to explain again. I have 3 hardware's:

(a) a linksys router (SSID: casa )
(b) a TL-WA901ND
(c) a notebook

(c) connect to (b) (wireless) and (b) connect to (a) (wireless)

I try first with the option Universal Repeater but not work. I can not navigate to internet.

When i connect to the admin page of TL-WA901ND i see the conection between TL-WA901ND and the linksys router, (b) connect to (a) . I try with ping from TL-WA901ND to linksys router and i have response, but my notebook can not navegate to internet.

Because Universal Repeater don't work, i try then with the option "Bridge with AP" . The TL-WA901ND let me define a new SSID for the connection to the TL-WA901ND
Let's say the wifi ssid of TL-WA901ND is CASA-TL

Now, i see 2 different SSID in my home
1) CASA
2) CASA-TL

Then, i try to connect my notebook to CASA-TL (c) to (b) . I can connect to (b) but my notebook (c) can not navigate to internet and say "limited connection"

Please, help
Thank you
Options
2014-01-21 10:44:04
Jose Manuel reset 901 to defaults and start over
Disable WPS for all modes.
if you have the option to cable to the 901 do it and use AP mode, Tuto here http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=393
if cabling is not and option, use Universal Repeater, or Repeater(Range Extender) Mode, same thing, you posted it did not work, but you did not posted what tuto you used, this TL tutos are generic there is no one dedicated for your model.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=492 step #5 you have 2 options, Repeater Mode UR and WDS R if your Linksys supports WDS use WDS works
0.00001% better, on UR mode, channel has to be the same as Linksys.
If same results, dont use Quick set up, use this Tuto here http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=348 dont set Smart IP (DHCP) use Static IP.
Note; on all UR modes DHCP is disable, the Linksys does DHCP pool.

Because Universal Repeater don't work, i try then with the option "Bridge with AP"

if you cant connect change Wireless/Settings Mode to bg mixed and Channel Width to 20Mhz if still no go change to a dif. sub-net on 901, example your Linksys ip is 192.168.1.1 set 901 to 192.168. 2.1
if still cant connect dont set Smart IP (DHCP) use Static IP.
Once you connect follow post #16 apply it to your 901 here http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?2745-AP-drops-connection/page2
Options
2014-01-28 04:47:47
Hi, you know im having the same problem. I just wanted to know if you could fix it, if you didnt we could help each other because this problem is giving me headache :/

I'll wait for your answer.

Regards.
Options
2014-01-28 14:42:46
Hi,

Did you give the main router IP address to the gateway parameter?
Options
2014-01-28 19:50:01
I could solve the problem by placing the IP option TPLINK Access Point as NO STATIC. The IP address of the access point must deliver dynamically by the router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1490

Replies: 6

Related Articles