Wireless adapter hangs randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-01-20 22:28:03
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WN881ND

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : Latest (downloaded the latest available anyway)

ISP : Virgin Media (60MB) fibre

I bought this adapter about a year ago and since then it has worked fine, but recently more often than not the connection will just hang, my computer says I am connected to the internet with a good connection but webpages just try to load forever and nothing happens. Sometimes it will work for a day or two and then stop for a few days after but it seems to be getting worse every week. Every time the connection hangs I quickly try the connection on my iPhone and it works every time so it's not my router or connection. Also I tried a friends USB wireless adapter which worked fine. Is this a common issue, do they just break randomly or is there something I can do to sort this out? Just seems strange that one minute it works fine and then next not at all. Any replies greatly appreciated. :D
Options
3 Reply
Re:Wireless adapter hangs randomly
2014-01-22 15:16:44
do you have do any change? and 881 cannot use on win8 and win8.1.
maybe the adapt is old enough.
Options
Re:Wireless adapter hangs randomly
2014-01-24 17:55:02
I'm on windows 7, and it has worked fine up until now so the adapter is definitely supported by my OS
Options
I have the same issue
2014-01-24 23:13:05
Hi,

I am also located in UK and bought the TP-link product a year ago. It worked fine until recently, when the connectivity visibly degraded. Now it stopped connecting completely and I am writing this from office computer :(

My technical details are almost the same as Elliot the only difference is that I am on coax cable not fibre.

Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WN881ND

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : original

ISP : Virgin Media (60MB) coax cable

access point: Virgin Media Super Hub VMDG480

Just in case this is interoperability issue between TP-link and Virgin Media router - I believe, that VM updated firmware on their HW.

Please help.
Thank
Petr
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 867

Replies: 3

Related Articles