Remote Management Basics

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Remote Management Basics

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Remote Management Basics
Remote Management Basics
2014-01-21 18:56:59
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi

I want to access my route remotely through "Remote Management" option in the Security section of the router's config menu.

I dont know alot about this and only followed the router instructions without configuring anything else but the the below
So I dont know if I require any further configurations.

1. I left the web port to: 80
2. Changed the Remote Management IP Address to: 255.255.255.255 to allow all, just to test. Will change it later. (What IP address should this be by the way? The IP address of my remote device trying to access the router?)
3. I go to Network> WAN> and note my WAN Connection Type: Static IP
4. and my IP is IP is: 192.168.1.x
4. I go to my browser on my iPhone using the cellular networks and type http://192.168.1.x:80 Enter

5. The browser just says no webpage available?

Please help me with this, it sounds so basic, but I just cant get it to work.

Thanks
Hannes
Options
1 Reply
Re:Remote Management Basics
2014-01-22 14:13:02
ha ha ~,you don't understand this function.
this function help access router when you are in wan IP(in internet ,like in you company need to access your home network) not lan IP.
1,yes Remote Management IP Address is The IP address of my remote device trying to access the router
like this topology: remote PC(which you need to access the router)------internet-----router(4300)---lan (you home network)
so on your remote PC,you type :wan ip of router : port you can load router configure page.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 564

Replies: 1

Related Articles