Use printserver with Canon LBP-2900

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-01-21 22:38:56
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WDR3600

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : TL-WDR3600_V1_130909

ISP :

Hi,

I am owner of a TL- WDR3600. According to compatibility list, the print server should be compatible with my printer Canon LBP-2900 .

The printer is installed by default with USB cable on my Win7 32bit machine and it works well.

After installing "USB Printer Controller " the printer is detected by the software , and can be connected .

After starting a print job the printer starts printing but the printer monitor show a "communication error".
If a new print job is sent to the printer the first print job is printed again and then the second one. It comes again to the error message described above.
If a third print job is sent, the first , then the second and then the third is printed again.

To me it looks like the printer could not report windows that the everything was printed fine and so the print job remains in the printer spooler and will be printed over and over again .

If I manually reboot the print spooler only one job is first printed again , then two, then three .

I've already tried the following solutions :

All firewalls and antivirus disabled -> same result as described above

disable "bi-directional printing" in LBP -2900 properties -> printer do nothing

try to use option "send directly to printer" -> same result as described above

tested the different printer driver -> same result as described above.

try windows xp 32bit -> same result as described above.

Has anybody an idee how i can solve this problem?

Please excuse my bad english ;-)

Thank you for your help!

Sincerely yours
Christian Hiesberger
Options
1 Reply
Re:Use printserver with Canon LBP-2900
2014-01-30 23:10:18
I could solve the problem on my own.

The problem was the "USB Print Controller Utility" for the WDR3600.

After I tried this http://www.tp-linkru.com/Resources/software/TL-WR1043ND_V1.0_USB_Print_Ser.zip my LBP2900 works fine without any problems.
Options