How to install English firmware on Chinese TL-WR710N?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-01-22 02:34:37
Region : Canada

Model : TL-WR710N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 1.5

ISP :

I just received a TL-WR710N router, but the firmware is in Chinese, which I can't read. After the serial number it indicates v1.5, so I'm assuming that is the installed firmware version, but I could certainly be wrong on that issue.

I've been able to download English versions of the Quick Installation Guide and the User Guide, as well English firmware (TL-WR710N_V1_130419.zip) file which, when extracted, gives me wr710nv1_en_3_14_9_up_boot(130419).bin

Being unable to read the menus when I boot up and attach to the router, I need instructions / help on how to access the firmware update portion of the router as it now sits.

Please help!
Options
4 Reply
Re:How to install English firmware on Chinese TL-WR710N?
2014-01-28 05:34:17
Use the Emulator for your device it's under 150Mbps Wireless N click on TL-WR710N and you can see the Web UI in English
That your map here http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/emulators/ click System Tools/FW upgrade
Options
Did you fix this as I have the same problem
2014-05-28 01:03:43
I bought one of these from EBay out of Hong Kong and I did not see the small print Chinese version in the listing and now I have Chinese language router. Mine is ver 1.5 as well and as you did I found the Ver 1 firmware. Did it work for you? How did you fix it?

Thanks for the help
Options
2021-03-08 15:21:16

@cycleguy55 

TP-Link WR702N - Change the Chinese firmware to English .

You try this procedure with your own risk. Read carefully this Firmware TP Link WR702N 

1. Download the English version firmware wr702nv1-en-up.bin 

2. Download suitable tftp server. We used the 64-bit version of tftpd from TFTPD 

3. Temporarily turn off your firewall . If you do not do this you will get 1800 error from the nano router. 

4. Turn off the wireless connection on your computer and connect with ethernet cable to the router. 
After a while you should be setup with IP address 192.168.1.100 and 255.255.255.0 netmask. 
If not you can setup these manually.

5. Start the tftp server and set the base directory to be where the bin file downloaded . In tftpd you do this by clicking 
settings, then selecting TFTP-tab and browsing to the directory.You can transfer the bin file to tftpd directory better into Program files.

6. Point your web browser to 192.168.1.253, you get a login screen, type admin and press enter

7. On the menu on the left side of the screen click on (System tool), then select (Firmware Upgrade) . Look the below photos.

8. On the next screen you will have place for filename and tftp server address. 
Set the filename to wr702nv1-en-up.bin ( the bin file you downloaded ) 
and address to 192.168.1.100 (which is the IP address assigned to your computer).

9. Below these are two boxes, click the one on the left box , then click OK.

10. There will be a counter as the file is loaded, you will also see the progress in the tftpd main screen.
If there is an error you will get a warning page with error code like 18000, 18001, etc. 
Use the Google translator to see the message.
Error 18000 : You do not stopped the firewall. 

Upgrade is not successful, check to see if you turn TFTP
server and upload the file is in the appropriate directory.

11. Wait until the device reboots.

12. Now the nano router IP address has changed.

13. Turn on your firewall and point your browser to 192.168.0.254, you will get login screen, 
both username and password are admin.

Source : http://www.superir.net/tplink.html

Options
2021-03-31 17:47:53

@cycleguy55 hello 

im have router WR706n have sameproblem 

but cant find config english 

need to change langage to english from chin

Options