Wifi with Internet connect but not the Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wifi with Internet connect but not the Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
22 Reply
Re:Wifi with Internet connect but not the Router
2014-01-29 18:30:19
I confirm, the limitation exists also with WR1043ND v2.

I've not tested all the TP-Link routers but it's probably the same thing.

I repeat for these damned programmers:

All the TP-Link routers are not capable to get date/time when the WAN port is not used !
Options
2014-04-18 18:36:01

HiSpeed wrote

I confirm, the limitation exists also with WR1043ND v2.

I've not tested all the TP-Link routers but it's probably the same thing.

I repeat for these damned programmers:

All the TP-Link routers are not capable to get date/time when the WAN port is not used !

Hi guys,

I'm new here!
I have a wdr4900,, it's in bridge mode with WAN port not connected. Everything (including Internet access) is working as expected except ntp server setting. I've tried adding a static route, and the route itself seems to work (if I try a traceroute using the system tools "page", I can see that the "path" to the ntp server is correct), but when I click the "get GMT" button I get and error as if the ntp server was not reachable. After adding the static route I did not reboot the router.

Any hint/suggestion?

Thanks,
Giovanni
Options
2014-04-20 19:34:08

g.romeo wrote

Hi guys,

I'm new here!
I have a wdr4900,, it's in bridge mode with WAN port not connected. Everything (including Internet access) is working as expected except ntp server setting. I've tried adding a static route, and the route itself seems to work (if I try a traceroute using the system tools "page", I can see that the "path" to the ntp server is correct), but when I click the "get GMT" button I get and error as if the ntp server was not reachable. After adding the static route I did not reboot the router.

Any hint/suggestion?

Thanks,
Giovanni

Hi,

Did you disable IGMP Proxy?
Did you test with several NTP servers?
Options
2014-04-22 15:26:02

HiSpeed wrote

Hi,

Did you disable IGMP Proxy?
Did you test with several NTP servers?

Hi HiSpeed!
First of all, I want to thank you!
Now, coming back to your questions:
Well, I didn't disable IGMP proxy: how to disable it and why?
[*]I tested two NTP servers.

The point is that traceroute from system tools seems to work...
Maybe I have to reboot the router after setting the static route :confused:

Thanks!
Giovanni
Options
2014-04-23 17:21:25
The IGMP Proxy parameter is in the Network/LAN menu, when enabled it creates a lot of troubles...
Which firmware version are you using? On my WDR4900, I prefer to use the 130320...
Options
2014-04-23 18:45:48

HiSpeed wrote

The IGMP Proxy parameter is in the Network/LAN menu, when enabled it creates a lot of troubles...
Which firmware version are you using? On my WDR4900, I prefer to use the 130320...

Hi,

I'm using the 130424. Why do you prefer the former one?
G.
Options
2014-04-24 04:26:04
Because it is reliable and I don't need the Tether feature of the new version...
Options
router TL-WR740N cannot connect to internet
2014-05-14 11:47:37
Dear All,

Please help me, my router TL-WR740N with (ver 4) cannot connect to internet.
My internet access using Dynamic IP, when i try to configurate my router to get access with line with easy setup assistance at the end of process always came out information " please check WAN port".
I check status of WAN there is IP address, Default gateway address is blank (0.0.0.0).
I do restart again to manual setup, this time i try using by clone my PC Mac Address. Finally i can get access internet for my router.
But the problem still is when i shutdown my router wifi and start on again there is same like before.

Why my router wifi cannot automatic keep or connect to the modem. status of WAN always same (IP Address, Default gateway all blank 0.0.0.0).
But this time Mac address is still using my PC Mac address.

Please...help to advise dan guidance.

thanks
Win
Options
2016-02-04 03:29:49

HiSpeed wrote

Hi,

TP-Link router firmware programmers are really not good.

When WAN port is not connected, to get date and time, the only work-around is to do a static routing:
Destination Network: NTP Server IP address
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.255
Default Gateway: Router IP address

Thank You! This awesome "work-around" helped me with the TL-WDR4300*, Now it has the time :)
*TL-WDR4300 is connected to the ISP's Cable-modem/Router (Default Gateway) via the LAN port, to provide wired access at both router locations.
Options
2016-06-30 06:56:37

g.romeo wrote

Hi guys,

I'm new here!

Any hint/suggestion?

Thanks,
Giovanni

Hi, I thing so!
Options