WDR3600 one wired machine losses internet access some minutes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-02-06 20:51:33
Region : Chile

Model : TL-WDR3600

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : latest available

ISP : Telmex

One computer in my network loses internet access after some time connected to the router. When I restart it it breaks the network switch (D-Link DES-1024D) and I have to restart it too, twice with router disconnected, to make it work again. Tried installing the latest firmware available, but it didn't solved my issue.

Because it's my company's router I had to switch back to my good old router. I'll try dd-wrt or openwrt or just return it if this can't be fixed soon enough.
Options
3 Reply
Re:WDR3600 one wired machine losses internet access some minutes
2014-02-08 15:06:47
hi guy,I really don't know what's wrong about your router,It cannot connect to router or cannot access internet?
When I restart it it breaks the network switch=>is it mean the router reboot will influence the switch? that's odd !
could you describe your issue clearly?
Options
2014-02-10 20:28:02

dawnman wrote

hi guy,I really don't know what's wrong about your router,It cannot connect to router or cannot access internet?
When I restart it it breaks the network switch=>is it mean the router reboot will influence the switch? that's odd !
could you describe your issue clearly?

Hi!. It does connect to the internet, but after some time one machines loses internet access. I realized that after an hour or two other computers begin to lose internet access as well. Network access works fine. They all have IP, I tried to manually asign IP and DNS but it didn't worked, only access to internal network.

About the swith I mean that when I unplug and replug the router, use the power button or hit reboot under web interface the port in which it is connected to the router stops working. The router detects it is connected to something (led is on) but it isn't detected by other computer and they all end with 169.xxxx IP's. To make it work again I have to unplug the router from network, reboot it, then reboot network swith, then connect the router again.

Hope it's clearer now.

Thanks.
Options
2014-02-13 06:32:43

fotodamaris wrote

read before flash, Wireless AC technology dual band has had issues with third party FW.
the name of your thread is one wired machine losses internet access some minutes if only one, get a wireless antenna for that machine like TL-WN722N or TL-WN723N or set a Static ip to that machine.

It's a desktop machine, so a better antenna won't be useful at all. Already tried static IP, it's no use. Only internal network access, no internet.

Thanks for the info about dual wireless. I don't need ATM so I don't care about losing it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 356

Replies: 3

Related Articles