How to isolate a modem router and a access point?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-02-15 19:44:32
Region : Malaysia

Model : TL-WA701ND

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

How to isolate a modem router which is connected to the ISP and an access point TL-WA701ND for broadcasting wifi for customers? The main purpose is to prevent customers who are connected to the access point to enter the setup page of the modem router for security reasons.

Erm the modem router is not suppose to change the login password for the configuration page so that the ISP can do changes on in remotely.

I hope to let customers to connect to my access point and is not allowed to enter or find out the modem router gateway address and I used a different gateway ip for the access
point.

Thanks in advance.
Options
2 Reply
Re:How to isolate a modem router and a access point?
2014-02-15 23:50:28

fotodamaris wrote

Enable AP Isolation

Hi,

WIll the modem router and access point work together with different subnet mask?

Will this also prevents the user connecting to the wifi of access point to enter into the configuration page of the modem router?

Thanks
Options
How to isolate a modem router and a access point
2014-02-15 23:52:07
Hi,

WIll the modem router and access point work together with different subnet mask?

Will this also prevents the user connecting to the wifi of access point to enter into the configuration page of the modem router?

Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 851

Replies: 2