WDR4300 unstable wifi - appearantly random

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-02-27 21:15:58
Region : Netherlands

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.13.33 Build 130617 Rel.46239n

ISP :

Hi there,

since about a month I have intermittant problems with my wifi soho network, build around the WDR4300 - at times the wifi just does not work for half an hour, an hour and then it comes back.

the setup is;

cablemodem (the standard thing from my cable-operator is a cisco) wich i set mostly to off and dumb ; DMZ, fixed IP, it's own wifi switched off.
--- cat5E cable ---
TP-link WDR4300

from there I have a cabled connection to my NAS (synology DS214)
planning to have a cabled connection to my office (but still need to drill through some concrete)

then on wifi the most common clients are;
- three smartphones
- three laptops
- HP officejet printer

now this morning i was working alone, so the only three clients on the DHCP list were my phone, laptop and the printer - and the net was sssssssssslllllllllowwwww... to non-responsive.

I use a "wifi scanner" on my smartphone and I see no other networks on the same channel.

when it DOES work, the throughputs are satisfactory. ping time to the gateway is 1 or 2 ms.

anybody suggestions what i can do or test?
Options
3 Reply
Re:WDR4300 unstable wifi - appearantly random
2014-03-12 19:24:42
Since about 3 weeks I have exactly the same problem. My ISP is Ziggo using a Docsis 3 modem.

At moments the router is working perfectly. Then suddenly the router becomes unresponsive. Wifi clients are still connected and signal is fine, however there is no internet anymore.

A reboot of the router seems to fix this issue for a couple of hours, sometimes only a couple of minutes.

The router was working perfectly for months in a row on 3.13.33 firmware. Maybe my ISP has changed something what causes the router to crash. Please help us as currently my network at home is very unstable.

Connected devices are:
PC Windows 8.1 - Wireless
Tablet Windows RT 8.1 - Wireless
2x Android phone - Wireless
TV LG - Wireless
Receiver and BluRay player with cable.
Options
2014-03-13 00:25:08

BarryS83 wrote

At moments the router is working perfectly. Then suddenly the router becomes unresponsive. Wifi clients are still connected and signal is fine, however there is no internet anymore.

A reboot of the router seems to fix this issue for a couple of hours, sometimes only a couple of minutes.

Hi,

Did you disable the IGMP Proxy in the Network/LAN menu ?
Options
2014-03-13 21:26:32

HiSpeed wrote

Hi,

Did you disable the IGMP Proxy in the Network/LAN menu ?

Hi,

Yesterday I have disabled the IGMP Proxy, and so far so good. Everything still seems to be working. I will keep a close eye on it the next couple of days. The only thing I noticed is frequent reconnects from my HTC One X, however this Phone has very poor WiFi signal I need to have it checked by HTC.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 612

Replies: 3

Related Articles