Can`t login to FTP Server from Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-02-28 17:01:53 - last edited 2022-03-11 06:27:10
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

The FTP Server works fine on the local network, but when logging from the internet There is an error:

Error: The data connection could not be established: ECONNREFUSED – Connection refused by server
Error: Connection timed out
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

The provider said that port is open.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Can`t login to FTP Server from Internet
2014-03-07 04:35:37
Do you have public IP address on router WAN?
Options
Re:Can`t login to FTP Server from Internet
2014-03-08 03:58:03
I have exactly the same problem. I don't think it's related to the public IP adress. Or at least it shouldn't. My router doesn't have a public adress, just a simple internet adress, but the FTP access worked fine without public adress on my earlier router (which was a shitty Asus RT-N14U). With that I could connect to my HDD from anywhere, but with my WDR3600 it seems impossible. The strange part is, I can reach the FTP via the INTERNET ADRESS from LOCAL network. So that part works. I'm on my home network, I enter xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:portnumber and I'm immediately logged in the FTP. If I try the same thing from anywhere else, I got denied. Internet access is enabled of course.
I think it's related to the problem, that the standard number 21 port didn't work at all, when I tried to reach the FTP via the internet adress. I set up a port forwarding that forwards a specific port from the internet to the internal number 21 port, and that made possible to reach FTP thru the internet adress, from HOME NETWORK. From outer network (which would be the important part) still the same result.
Options
how to solve this problem
2014-03-09 13:15:42
How To solve this problem
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2015

Replies: 3

Related Articles