Have I made a schoolboy error??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-03-05 21:23:22 - last edited 2021-08-21 03:51:15
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-ER5120

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Virgin Media

Hi all, my first post.

I took delivery of a TL-ER5120 yesterday as I've had enough of the Virgin Media SuperHub - it's rubbish.

I disconnected the SH from my switch (thereby isolating the LAN) and installed the 5120 to act as my DHCP router. All good - all devices in the LAN can talk to each other.

I then switched the SH in to 'modem only' mode and could see (by directly connecting my laptop) that it was talking to the WAN. Good.

Lastly I connected the 5120 to the SH via WAN port 1, and this is where the problem lies. The 5120 was not able to establish a WAN connection.

Which leads me to my schoolboy error question - Is the 5120 a cable router or an ADSL router ?? :blush:

Thanks for your help.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Have I made a schoolboy error??
2014-03-07 01:07:07 - last edited 2021-08-21 03:51:15

intothevoid wrote

Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-ER5120

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Virgin Media

Hi all, my first post.

I took delivery of a TL-ER5120 yesterday as I've had enough of the Virgin Media SuperHub - it's rubbish.

I disconnected the SH from my switch (thereby isolating the LAN) and installed the 5120 to act as my DHCP router. All good - all devices in the LAN can talk to each other.

I then switched the SH in to 'modem only' mode and could see (by directly connecting my laptop) that it was talking to the WAN. Good.

Lastly I connected the 5120 to the SH via WAN port 1, and this is where the problem lies. The 5120 was not able to establish a WAN connection.

Which leads me to my schoolboy error question - Is the 5120 a cable router or an ADSL router ?? :blush:

Thanks for your help.

I'm glad to say it's working as expected now. WAN connected immediately and throughput is great :cool:
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 407

Replies: 1

Related Articles