TL-WA830RE or TL-WA901ND extends stronger signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-03-07 21:22:40
Region : Others

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP :

HI I just bought a TL-WA830RE ( have not opened the box). I want to use it to extend the internet signal 1 storey up.
In home signal is excellent ranging from at least 3 out of 5 bars.
In the shop I have seen this model and wrong or right the seller suggested this one. As I see also there is the more expensive
TL-WA901ND which has 3 antennas.
The question is which one can give stronger extension ??
Should I return it and get the bit more expensive TL-WA901ND ?
Or they both have the same amplification and can save the money to get a TP-Link antenna IF needed.??
What are the basic differences between these 2 models in plain English?? Cause I see the TL-WA901ND to have 3 antennas, does this mean it can provide stronger signal ??

Any experience on this subject will be much appreciated. !!

Thank you in advance.
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-WA830RE or TL-WA901ND extends stronger signal
2014-03-08 02:42:44

fotodamaris wrote

both devices are headache
Quesrions
1-does your ISP router handles WDS
2-can you lay cable

Thank you very much for the interest and answer , I could not wait and opened the box with the WA830RE , I could not find a way by prassing buttons , so I have configured it to my network via cable from the laptop and through the menu from the browser and now works OK.
It has boosted the signal enough so I can get 2-3 bars on the desired spot I wanted to have internet. I am thinking to plug in another output antenna with more DBi so I have even better signal.

The only question is as we look at the WA830RE from the front ( as attachement image) which is the output antenna , the left or the right ??

Thank you in advance.
File:
Capture.JPGDownload
Options
2014-03-08 21:50:47

fotodamaris wrote

Asked 2 questions on post #2, waiting to be answered

Both questions you asked are YES for an answer.
Yes for the WDs and Yes for the cable to be exact.
Options
2014-03-09 20:00:16

fotodamaris wrote

Both antennas are TX & RX transmit and receive, your gain changing them will be 10% is it worth it.

Desn't depend on what dbi antennas you will install- replace ?? i.e. lets say I replace the 2x 5 dbi with 2x 9dbi or 2x 12dbi , what will be the gain increase ??

Thankx
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 577

Replies: 3