**HELP** WA901nd V3 Needs Reboot Daily...?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-03-08 22:14:06
Region : Australia

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP :

WA901ND (x2)
First Unit:
Mode: Access Point
Connect: Ethernet to Gigabit Switch
Gateway: (via) Linux Server with Proxy.
Issue: Needs Reboot Daily

Second Unit:
First unit:
Mode: Universal Repeater Mode
Issue: Needs Reboot Daily Also

Can someone please tell what the hell is going wrong with these access points that they need to REBOOTED DAILY".

I contacted tech support they told me to make sure I have the latest firmware, this was done and still the issue continues. Contact tech support again they tell me to setup the watch dog, have done this and still the issue continues.

I have tried various configurations, various channels, even setup a WR1043ND router as an Access Point and then configured the WA901's to be repeaters and still the issue continues, and It does not matter what I do I can not stop them from droping out.

i have google the issue and it seems that there are many people having the same issue, and they too are frustrated with TP-Link, and its lack of resolution to this issue.

This is not acceptable, I am sick of these constantly failing, I require a solution to STOP this from happenening all the time, and have them function for what they were purchased for.

If there is a fault with these units I would expect a company like TP-Link to get there technitions to fix the firmware to resolve this issue, if not, I expect replacements or refund, as these are only 2 months old and i am getting very tired of have to rebbot these units all the time.

Thanks, Jon
:mad:
Options
2 Reply
Re:**HELP** WA901nd V3 Needs Reboot Daily...?
2014-03-10 01:50:50
very dificult to go back to stock FW.

It's very easy, you have to upgrade firmware without boot for example - ftp://tplink-forum.pl/orgin_bez_boot/

Options
Re:**HELP** WA901nd V3 Needs Reboot Daily...?
2014-03-10 14:19:54
Thanks for all your suggestions, but I would like TP-Link to make a solution available as these are only 2-3 months old.

I will contact TP-Link again, if there is no solution, I will return and replace with other brand, and possibly revise my accossiation with TP-Link products.
Thanks once again
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 724

Replies: 2