How does MAC filtering on the Root Access Point effect the WA801ND in repeater mode?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How does MAC filtering on the Root Access Point effect the WA801ND in repeater mode?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-03-17 11:05:31
Region : Australia

Model : TL-WA801ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I have an existing Wireless Access Point configured with WPA-PSK & WPA2-PSK Authentication and TKIP+AES Authentication along with Access Control (MAC filtering turned ON). I have addedd a TP-LINK WA801ND in repeater mode to the network. This has found the main AP and appears to be recieving the wireless signal (Send/recieve packets indicate this).

When I try to connect a wireless client to the 801ND, I don't believe it is connecting (looking at the attached devices on the 80-1ND and watching the spinning top on the igadget device).

This has lead me to post the question how does the repeater handle MAC filtering set on the root AP?

Cheers,

Greg
Options
1 Reply
Re:How does MAC filtering on the Root Access Point effect the WA801ND in repeater mode?
2014-03-20 09:45:07
The repeater technic will change the client's MAC address, so Access Control which is based on MAC address won't work.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 635

Replies: 1

Related Articles