Trying to access configuration settings for TL-WR843ND to use as wireless point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-03-23 02:32:38
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WR843ND

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : BT

Hi there

My TL-WR843ND arrived which I bought with the intention of using as both a switch and a wireless access point.

Right now it just works as an ethernet switch.

I cannot access the configuration settings using

tplinklogin.net

This is how my network at home is set up

BT HomeHub 3.0 receives internet access and is configured by 192.168.1.254

BT direct physical connections: 1) Family PC, 2) Gigabit Switch

Gigabit switch physical connections: 1) TL-WR843ND, 2) two PCs

TL-WR843ND physical connections: 1) various media devices, 2) my laptop I used to try and configure the device.

(Edit: This image came out too small but I think the description above it should help)

My reason for buying this product was because the WiFi strength is so poor in the part of the house I am in so I connect anything that has an ethernet port to my gigabit switch (although I did run out of ports). Unfortunately, I would like to use the wifi with my phone as would my mum with her laptop. There are many brick walls between the BT Hub and us. My plan was to have our own connection in the part of the house we're in but I cannot get this working. I am in the WISP mode on the switch and have tried a few resets on the back.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Trying to access configuration settings for TL-WR843ND to use as wireless point
2014-03-23 15:11:14
Ok an update - I've noticed I can't connect to Xbox Live through the TP Link router because of a DNS error

I for some reason could get internet access through my laptop and temporarily my phone.

I've disconnected it all with a plan to start from fresh after work but this is bugging me

Also I did manage to access the config page before I connected to my ISP but once I connected the configuration page refused to come up.

I'm getting confused here.
Options
Re:Trying to access configuration settings for TL-WR843ND to use as wireless point
2014-03-24 21:21:49
hello?
Options
2014-04-03 08:57:15
Netgear(lan)----(lan)843)))wi-fi(((clients
1.disable the DHCP function on 843
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 751

Replies: 3

Related Articles