Archer C7 V2 Slow 2.4GHz Speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-03-25 18:02:13
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

The 2.4GHz WAN speeds are very slow. I have a 160Mbps package from my ISP but when connected only 1m away from my Archer C7 V2 I can only achieve WAN speeds to my ISP server of 20Mbps (and a linkspeed of 150Mbps). Whereas if I use my supposedly inferior ISP provided router from 2011 which only uses draft 802.11n and fast ethernet ports I can achieve over 80Mbps!

Why is the speed of the Archer C7 so slow. One theory I have is that the firmware allows the router to only operate in b/g/n or b/g mixed modes and not n only greenfield. The Archer C7 V1 emulator show that 802.11n only can be selected, why was this removed in the V2 firmware?

Overall I am very disappointed in the performance and support given by TP-link on this product.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C7 V2 Slow 2.4GHz Speeds
2014-04-11 22:21:35
@ scaryshark,

I am having a similar issue on my V1 Archer C7 , I have tried everything and I just cant get a good signal/range on the 2.5ghz band - the supposedly lower range 5ghz band is presently providing me with 5 times more range than the 2.5ghz band.

My tplink power line wifi extenders also provide 3 times the range of my Archer C7 Unit.

Using various apps and programs I have verified that there are no overlapping bands etc in range , no cordless phones ete etc ,
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1050

Replies: 1

Related Articles