Interfering between TL-WR940N and TL-WA701

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-03-25 22:14:41
Region : UnitedStates

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.13.9 Build 120201 Rel.54965n

ISP :

I have the following network configuration in my home:
1. TL-WR940N Wireless Router setup and connected to ADSL modem through LAN. Both are located in my workplace room.
2. TL-WA701 Access Point configured as a Repeater and placed in the middle of the home; around 6 meters far away from the wireless router in the workplace room.
3. The router and repeater configured successfully and work as expected.
4. No electric devices exist around the router and repeater which may interfere/block the signals.
5. The number of devices that connect to the router and repeater is up to 6 devices.

The problem is that occasionally (couple of hours) while am working on my Windows-power laptop in my workplace room, the laptop loses the wireless connectivity to the root router, which is 1.5 meters away, and the wireless utility shows that am now connected to the repeater instead (I can verify this by checking the MAC address). Internet connectivity still operating but very slow or interrupted. However, my smartphone in the same room works perfectly and still show full wireless signal to the root router!

At the same time, other family members who set close to the repeater and use an iPad and Mac laptop, start to notice the wireless signal is weak and lose internet connectivity or have it very slow.

The easiest solution is, thought, to have a power recycle for both routers and reconnect again which is not reliable solution.

This sounds to be an interfering/blocking of radio signals which am not able to understand or resolve.

Any help please?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Interfering between TL-WR940N and TL-WA701
2014-04-01 04:09:38
Please ignore this post. It's no longer valid.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 493

Replies: 1

Related Articles