TD-W8951ND - Setting Up In Bridge Mode Help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-03-29 17:15:07
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version :

ISP : Sky

Hi,

I have the TD-W8951ND, and a Draytek VPN Router.

I am trying to set the TD-W8951ND up in bridged mode, however, when doing so I cannot get any traffic to pass from the TD-W8951ND to the Draytek.

The Draytek sees the TD-W8951ND. The TD-W8951ND appears to sync with my ISP, and I get a summary of the Up and Down speed of the connection. However, for some reason I cannot get any internet traffic to pass from the TPLink to the Draytek and through tot he rest of my network. There is very little information about the bridged mode in the instructions. Once bridge mode is set on the TD-W8951ND:

1.Should I plug my VPN router into any specific LAN port on the TD-W8951ND?
2.Should I be disabling or enabling any specific services, DHCP on the LAN for example - or are these automatically disabled when in bridge mode?
3. Should the TD-W8951ND be on a different network range than the Draytek in order to pass traffic?

Any other advice or reading references that can assist in getting this to work would be great. I've setup these Drayteks on other bridged routers before but never had an issue.

Many thanks.
Options
2 Reply
Re:TD-W8951ND - Setting Up In Bridge Mode Help
2014-03-29 21:23:06
W8951ND is typical ADSL router and radio functionality is limited to access point. WDS Bridge is possible with this same brand (chipset).
Options
Re:TD-W8951ND - Setting Up In Bridge Mode Help
2014-03-29 23:44:43

jimasek wrote

W8951ND is typical ADSL router and radio functionality is limited to access point. WDS Bridge is possible with this same brand (chipset).

You have misunderstood my problem. The W8951ND is capable of bridge mode (RFC1483). I'm not talking about a wireless bridge, I am taking about putting the router into modem mode.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1576

Replies: 2

Related Articles