8960N modem problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

8960N modem problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
8960N modem problem
8960N modem problem
2014-04-01 13:34:54
Region : Australia

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 5.1

ISP : clubtelco

I would like some assistance with setting up port forwarding on my new TP-Link 8960N 5.1 modem. I had a bit of trouble with my old netgear modem but managed to get it going after only about an hour..
Few hours now on this modem with still no success.
I have a security system installed that has three ports to forward to dyndns.org, sound easy, just try it so far I have all the ports set in the virtual server but nothing gets forwarded.
A few hints would be really appreciated.
I purchased port forward ($40 or AUS dollars) to enable me to do this "EASY AND QUICKLY" (advertising B/S) It has proved to be completely useless. I would not recommend it to anyone.

I think the new tplink modem version 5.1 stops port forwarding from getting in to the modem. It just cannot seem to manage to put in user names or passwords.

I hope someone out there has had some success and has written it down for future reference.
If you can email me back (not shown if this is possible) please do ASAP.

Pooley
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 173

Replies: 0

Related Articles