The latest firmware of TL-WA850RE is okay!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-04-02 11:16:56
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WA850RE

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I updated the latest firmware of TL-WA850RE, and I think it is much better than the older one.

The status page now is a more graphical way to show the system information, it is easy to read and it can help me to monitor the system for failures.

And according to the website, the smart IP module seems to be Improved.
I bought this staff half a year ago and at first it crashed like every day, then I tried to set it as static IP and solved this issue. The Smart IP module used to be a crap.
Recently I tested the Smart IP module on the latest firmware, and it seems to be more stable right now!

Also I noticed a new function on the latest firmware (I'm not so sure if the older firmware has it)?
The DHCP server now can be set as "AUTO".
I tried set LAN interface as static IP, and set the DHCP server as "AUTO", and it works fine, I can get an IP address when the TL-WA850RE is disconnected to main router, and also can get an IP address from the main router when TL-WA850RE is connected to it.

Anyway, I think the latest firmware makes TL-WA850RE better than other TP-LINK products now.
Options
6 Reply
Re:The latest firmware of TL-WA850RE is okay!
2014-04-02 11:30:38
significant changes from other products

sounds nice:cool:
Options
2014-06-11 05:51:38
Hello friend
The update really nice & great in a graphical way but unfortunately it doesn't solve my problem which disconnecting every 5 min.
When i saw your post i was thrilled and i told my self at last a solution, But it didn't solve any thing.
Still i thank you for your effort and hoping to find a solution.

Best Regards.
Options
The latest firmware of TL-WA850RE is not okay!
2014-06-14 16:07:33
I have tried multiple configurations but all with same result: after a short time with intended function the whole network falls out. I have to restart the router (Archer C7) to retain network service.

(Continued) Obviously I did not tried the static IP option in the LAN section hard enought. Now with static IP most functions work (e.g. indication on Internet access on root device does not work).

(Continued) After a few days! with good funktion on Windows and Android clients the extender crashes the network again. Now it works for a few minutes and the the problem is the same.
It never really worked with Apple products.
The only problem visual immediatelly is that the "Internet access" is displayed with -- and the symbol is ?

or is this a problem related to Archer 7 router?
Options
2014-06-21 15:16:02
Is you device having "Ping Watchdog" option? If so, try using it. This option restarts the device is a specific IP cannot be resolved. This option hence reduces the pain of manually going to the device and restarting.
Options
2014-12-08 17:34:36
Great changes from other products...
Options
Which is the address?
2015-08-09 22:14:50
Hy guys, I'm treating to update my extender's firmware but I can't find the web page address. Please help me.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1241

Replies: 6