TL-WA850RE IP allocation issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-04-04 19:44:23
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA850RE

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have recently bought this range extender to improve the wireless signal around the house. I've setup the range extender by wiring it to a pc and manually entering the connection details for my wireless network. The range extender picks these settings up and is boosting the connection so that I am getting a wi-fi signal where previously I couldn't.

However the problem I have is that on my android tablet, if it connects to the wireless through the range extender the IP address being given to the tablet is not what I've configured in my router settings for the tablet's mac address. Instead of it being given the IP 192.168.0.19 the tablet shows the IP address as 192.168.0.100. If I unplug the range extender and refresh the wireless connection on the tablet it picks up the correct IP address I've set up using DHCP.

The problem with this is that the when the tablet has the wrong IP address it is unable to connect to the internet through the router because it's IP address isn't what the router expects.

Is there a setting in the range extender to tell it not to try to allocate an IP address to devices connecting through it and let the router deal with the address allocation through the DHCP settings of the router?

Thanks
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-WA850RE IP allocation issue
2014-04-08 00:25:33
I have the same problem. From what I have found out it looks like you have to set a Static IP address, but I'm reluctant because it is a confusing process and I don't want a static IP affecting all devices connected to the internet.
Options
2014-04-08 19:38:58
I figured out my problem. - the range extender hadn't saved the configuration when I told it not to act as a DHCP device (which I didn't need as my router already is set up as that). Once it stored that correctly, the range extender showed up on my network with the IP address I configured it to have and my other devices connected with the addresses I'd specified for them too.
Options
2014-04-08 22:45:42
Can you please do me a huge favour and walk me through how you set up the extender? I'm having lots of trouble with it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 815

Replies: 3