Ping times are far too high in a PTP conection with 2 WA7210N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-04-11 13:20:40
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : 3.18.0 Build 131118 Rel.58328n

ISP : Itc

Hello. I recently purchased theese AP since the old model were relatively good products and more or less reliable for various task.

The situation 1
1 WA7210N as an AP and 1 WA7210N as Client (client mode) - WPA2 encription. IPs: AP is 192.168.1.2 Client is 192.168.1.4 The gain is about 20dB and the channel is fixed to 2. Full powered (27dBm)

Using the PTP connection works fine for a while, but randomly when i start using my whole bandwith (2Mb) the ping from the client equipment raises from 3ms to more then 1000ms. Sometimes even more than 2000ms. This makes the speed fall to about 400bps. Still It remains connected. This is why I started to investigate where the problem was. When i stop my download it comes back to an acceptable reponse time 3ms form one equipment to an other, and download speed to full WISP bandwidth.
This starts after both equipments where working as expected, but suddenly the ping response time steps up into the values I stated before.

The WA7210N in client mode the AP also irradiates an hidden SSID wich is undesirable. Since this is not a mayor problem I only mention it, because it's a little bit enoying to see this empty SSID coming from the client.

Has anyone else suffered theese bugs?

Will there be a new firmware to correct bugs ASAP?

Thanks in ahead!

Eduardo
Options
9 Reply
Re:Ping times are far too high in a PTP conection with 2 WA7210N
2014-04-12 03:15:08

fotodamaris wrote

this is wrong in Client mode it does not irradiates SSID, are you sure you are using Client and not AP Client Router

Positively sure it does... It did it with previous firmware and it still does it with the new one, it irradiates an hidden (with no name) SSID
At first I was not sure it was from TP-Link but i've acceced the hidden SSID with a previous SSID name I gave the AP in Bridge with AP mode and the respective SSID key.
It's a little diffucult to show you how, but if you know howto, tell me and i send you all the data you need to reproduce this behavior!

This is really not the main issue, the degradation of the link is the main issue!
Options
2014-04-12 11:05:34

fotodamaris wrote

this is wrong in Client mode it does not irradiates SSID, are you sure you are using Client and not AP Client Router
see picture

I hope not to duplicate my reply since I can't see if my previous one has been published!

I'm not making this up. When I first set up the TP-WA7210N AP as Bridge with AP it asked me to name the AP. I named the AP SSID "Casa" and accessed it properly. Since I detected some issues (probably the ones I'm seeing now with the ping response times) I decided to give the Client Mode a try... So I used an other Wireless Router (Linksys WRT54GV2 with dd-wrt firmware) as AP. I called the SSID "Casa" and used the 7210N in Client Mode. As I tried to connect to the Linksys "Casa" AP I detected an "Other Network" (hidden SSID). So as to discard any other not desired behavior I disconnected the Linksys AP and connected from my PC to the hidden SSID typing the SSID Name "Casa" and the proper passphrase. And voila, I got in the AP.

I hope you can reproduce this behavior and if you do so help me with the solution (if there is any)

Thanks a lot!
Options
2014-04-12 21:58:20
Sorry I'll write this down in spanish as i can express me better in my motherlanguage. I presume fotodamaris can spanish too, since his/her profile states Mexico as location.

Tengo:

AP TP-Link WA7210N (AP de mi WISP)
Cliente TP-Link WA7210N (Cliente en mi domicilio)
AP Linksys WRT54GV2 (WiFi hogareño) conectado en forma cableada al WA7210N

(( AP 7210N )) ... (( CL 7210N --- (( AP 54GV2 ))

Todo dentro de la misma subred (192.168.1.xxx)

El Cliente TP-Link irradia una red sin nombre a la cual puedo acceder sabiendo el nombre anterior de la red y la contraseña (cuando lo probé en modo Bridge with AP)
Repito este no es el problema principal que tengo con este equipo... Pero no es un efecto deseado!

Me gustaría que me indiques como hago para mostrarte este comportamiento no deseado.

El problema que mas me ataña es el tema de la degradacion del ancho de banda (el ping se va a mas de 3000ms) si lo exijo llegando a los 2Mb por un tiempo aleatorio entre el AP y el Cliente!
El cliente reporta una intensidad de 19db en forma estable.

Alguna idea?
Options
2014-04-12 23:51:25
Lo del DHCP no trae ningun problema...

Insisto en lo que te digo porque esta en modo Cliente. Se lo que hago.
No se si hay que resetearlo a los valores de fabrica (cosa que no hice) y volverlo a configurar en modo cliente para que no muestre mas la otra red?
Puede ser eso?

Saludos
Options
2014-12-05 02:53:11
i have same problem The WA7210N in client mode the AP irradiates an hidden SSID wich is undesirable. Since this is not a mayor problem I only mention it, because it's a little bit enoying to see this empty SSID coming from the client.
Firmware Version:
3.19.0 Build 140730 Rel.58003n
Options
2014-12-05 04:45:40
forgive me for english...I'm sure it's a problem in firmware not the first set up access point....set in client mode they started broadcast hidden ssid the same channel as the network in client mode
Options
2014-12-05 06:17:13
Options
2014-12-05 18:52:31
i cant connect accept ssid but not accept password
Options
2014-12-06 20:03:45
can not complete the connection to the hidden network
Options