Port Forwarding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Port Forwarding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Port Forwarding
Port Forwarding
2014-04-11 22:29:01
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WDR4900

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Talk Talk

Hi All,

I have a new TP-Link WDR4900 N900 router and have setup the 4 virtual servers with their respective ports so I can use my IP camera. The ports are all enabled. Nothing responds. Using port scanning ( https://www.grc.com), all ports are 'stealthed' and do not appear to exist. Is talktalk blocking this service? What can I do to get the ports responding?

Cheers

Gary
Options
9 Reply
Re:Port Forwarding
2014-04-13 01:14:54
Do you have public IP address on WAN port?
Options
2014-04-14 14:23:23
Hi Jimasek,

On the status page for the router I have this infomation regarding the WAN Port:

IP Address: 80.47.xxx.xxx Dynamic IP

When I try to access this ip address from another internet connection, the connection times out.

I have setup the DDNS facility and it reports a sucessful login to: http://garywilliams.no-ip.biz, but again when I try to access this ip address from another internet connection, the connection times out. I have not yet enabled 'internet access control'.

I have placed my webcams internal ip address into the DMZ, but again when I try to access this ip address from another internet connection, the connection times out.

I checked with talktalk and they do not restrict access to customers routers.

Regards

Gary
Options
2014-04-14 14:35:37
I have not yet enabled 'internet access control'.

This is the first problem why you can't get to the router web interface.
Options
2014-04-14 18:19:43
Hi Jimasek,

Getting somewhere :)

I have enabled the remote management and can now access the routers login page both locally and via both the DDNS account and the dynamic ip address.

Under port forwarding I have setup 4 virtual servers, one for each of the 4 ports the camera requires.

Under Access Control Rule Management, I have enabled it, set Default Filter Policy to 'all' and setup one rule for each of the camera's ports. I can access the camera internally but not externally.

Regards

Gary

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Oops! The above just knocked my router off line. I have reset the router so I'm back on line. I'll run through the above a step at a time.
Options
2014-04-14 22:22:32
Model these cameras? Give me screenshot from virtual server configuration on TP-link.
Options
Port Forwarding
2014-04-15 18:21:53
Hi Jimasek,

The camera is an EDImax IC-1500WG. I'll setup the virtual servers again as per the edimax instructions and send a screenshot.

Cheers

Gary
Options
2014-04-15 19:31:09
Hi Jimasek,

Herewith the screenshots. When I try to setup Internet Access Control, It takes my router offline.

Cheers

Gary

Options
2014-04-16 02:21:56
Sorry I can't see configuration because resolution is too small.
Options
2014-04-23 19:37:42
Sorry, I'll try again
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 843

Replies: 9

Related Articles