Router in Bridge mode cannot maintain connection to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-04-14 11:15:38
Region : Others

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : wr702nv1-en-up

ISP : GO (Malta)

Hi, I have been trying to set the router in various modes but failing each time to make it connect to the internet. I am trying to bridge my connection to enhance connectivity but to no avail. The router appears to connect but keeps disconnecting. Upgrading to the latest beta version firmware has not helped.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Router in Bridge mode cannot maintain connection to internet
2014-04-14 22:26:29
Some pictures of the setup you can give us?
Options
2014-04-14 23:45:36
What kind of pictures do you like? There's not much I can send. I simply have a modem-router in one distant room of my house and I was hoping the mini TP-Link router near to our living area would serve to enhance the signal. The problem is that this mini router connects and disconnects failing to establish a useful internet connection at all.
Options
2014-04-14 23:48:38
For example Status and signal level (AP List) from main wireless
Options
2014-04-15 03:30:37
I have had a technician check my connections. We identified that I selected the wrong channel that apparently is not recognised by most electronic gadgets in my country. The suggestion of the channel number was prompted during the set up process!!! Changing that and tweaking some other settings got everything to work fully. So it was not the router after all (but the prompt from the software to start with)! :o
Options