TD-W8980 N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-04-14 15:38:57
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I recently purchased a TD-W8980 N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router and I find two problems :

1./ I have added a USB flash drive to one of the rear USB ports and set up FTP access. If I ftp using 'admin' as user to access all of the flash drive, I find that I can only log in via FTP using 'admin' 'admin' .. I have changed the password and can only log into my router using the new password. FTP seems to only allow the password 'admin'. I have disabled 'admin' from the USB FTP list of users and created another user with 'admin' rights and of course, a different password.

2./ When running diagnostics, Test Internet Surfing, "Test DNS Root" always shows "Fail" ... Googling this problem hasn't showed up any answers ..

Has anyone got solutions for the above two problems ??

Richard
Options
2 Reply
Re:TD-W8980 N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router
2014-05-11 04:51:46
same here.
Also, all the DHCP clients are not always shown.

zs6ro wrote

Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I recently purchased a TD-W8980 N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router and I find two problems :

1./ I have added a USB flash drive to one of the rear USB ports and set up FTP access. If I ftp using 'admin' as user to access all of the flash drive, I find that I can only log in via FTP using 'admin' 'admin' .. I have changed the password and can only log into my router using the new password. FTP seems to only allow the password 'admin'. I have disabled 'admin' from the USB FTP list of users and created another user with 'admin' rights and of course, a different password.

2./ When running diagnostics, Test Internet Surfing, "Test DNS Root" always shows "Fail" ... Googling this problem hasn't showed up any answers ..

Has anyone got solutions for the above two problems ??

Richard
Options
Re:TD-W8980 N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router
2014-07-18 04:43:19
Same problem here. Would this cause my 5G signal to intermittently fail about every four minutes?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 660

Replies: 2