Unable to configure WA901ND v.3 as an universal repeater with router Linksys WRT54G

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unable to configure WA901ND v.3 as an universal repeater with router Linksys WRT54G

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-04-15 05:45:26
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : wa901ndv3_en_3_14_8_up_boot(130828).bin

ISP :

Hey guys,

Let me give you a brief description of mi situation:

My internet connection goes to an office I have in my backyard. The modem is directly connected to a Linksys WRT54g v.3 router, which offers wifi to the rest of the house.

Since the signal is weak inside the main house (there's 20 meters of distance between one construction and the other) I decided to buy an access point to work as a repeater. So I bought the WA901ND v.3, firmware version wa901ndv3_en_3_14_8_up_boot(130828).bin

The thing is that the wireless setup is not working.

Some facts:
Let's say the Router SSID is "abcxyz"
The ip's that router leases with its DHCP are in the 192.168.3.0/24 subnet, and go from 192.168.3.100 to 192.168.3.50

Here are the steps I did

1- In NETWORK, assign an static IP to the AP: 192.168.3.2/24 - No gateway defined
2- In WIRELESS, define the AP as an Universal Repeater. The SSID, channel, MAC address and Encryption Type for the password comes from the "Survey" button. In "Mode" option, I chose to step it down to "11bg mixed" and a channel width of 20MHz so it matches the specs of the oldie but goodie WRT54g.
3- In WIRELESS SECURITY, I went with WPA2-PSK and the correct password.
4- in DHCP, swithed the option to "disabled", since it'll be the Linksys the one providing those leases.

And that's it. It's supposed to be correct, right?

Wrong. As soon as the AP reboots, the signal for SSID abcxyz appears stronger than ever, but when I try to log in it kicks me out within seconds. And not only that, it seems to mess with the wireless interfaces of my laptop and Linksys router, since I have to power off the TP-Link, reboot the Linksys and restart the network services in my Laptop to be able to connect to the internet again.

Is there some additional setting that I'm not able to see? any specific incompatibility between those two models? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!
Options
1 Reply
Same problem
2014-05-02 21:10:56
I have the exact same problem with the same router and AP.
Did you find a solution?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 615

Replies: 1

Related Articles