I can't setup the TL-WR740 N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-04-19 03:39:25
Region : Russia

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Here's the situation. I have internet through Etelecom in Russia. I have been able to use the internet by plugging the cable directly into my computer. Whenever I plug the internet cable into the router and then a cable from the router to my computer, I cannot seem to get the internet.

The provider has given me the settings:

login
passwprd
IP address & mask
default gateway
DNS server

I used the application EasySetupAssistant, and when I get to the screen that gives me 5 options, for every option (choosing static for the last 3 options), it tells me "No internet connection detected".

I don't know what to do.
Options
3 Reply
Re:I can't setup the TL-WR740 N
2014-04-19 17:10:23
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=138 - but WAN port as PPPoE where you have to enter login and password and Static IP

Options
2014-04-19 19:40:22

fotodamaris wrote

I did everything as proscribed by that - all the way down to changing the LAN IP address of the router - and I still have no wireless connection.

The Ethernet IP address was: 192.168.2.1, and when I pinged it, it came back fine.

And since I'm in the mode of having to try and get the wireless working, and then after use the internet cable directly, I always have to re-enter the IP address of my internet provider (which I have to always change to Dynamic when trying to get the wireless working) - is there any way for me to somehow save all this information so that I don't have to re-enter everything when I try to go back & forth?

I've never encountered a product that is more difficult to setup than this.
Options
2014-04-19 20:31:05
Give us screen shot from your WAN configuration and also bar - Status router when you can use the internet
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 302

Replies: 3

Related Articles