WA830RE - WA850RE random short dropouts

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-04-23 09:22:02
Region : Australia

Model : TL-WA830RE

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 121008

ISP : Telstra

Hi all, got a question here.
I own WA830RE and WA850RE, and the issue I am noticing is that on my tablets (tested on iPad and Galaxy Note 8), the wireless connection will drop out for a second or two, then it will reconnect back.
This is especially annoying when you are streaming video, as it will have to rebuffer again. The signal strength is not an issue (at least I don't think it is), as I generally get close to full signal on the device when the dropout happens (also tested next to the AP to make sure it is not interference issue).

What I've done to troubleshoot:
1. Specified random channel number, I think I've tried almost all of them, no difference.
2. Disabled (and re-enabled) WMM
3. Factory-reset, and all firmwares are up-to-date.

Is anyone else experiencing this as well? Any suggestion is welcome.
Options
2 Reply
wireless access
2014-04-24 12:14:44
I an facing same problem friend , If you have get any solution plz reply.
Options
Re:WA830RE - WA850RE random short dropouts
2014-04-25 21:54:03
I think I've found the issue. It is the usual issue, device VS router configuration.
The setup that works for me:
1. Pick a channel (auto might work as well, but I specifically picked channel 11)
2. If you only have wireless N devices, set the Mode to N Only. Obviously adjust this as needed.
3. Set the channel width to 20MHz. --> I found that this fixes the issue with iPad 3, once the channel is set to 20MHz the device works perfectly.

No dropouts so far, Youtube streaming to iPad works flawlessly for now anyway.
I hope that helps, I'll keep you all posted.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 425

Replies: 2